“Not much to write home about!”
Review of Round Barn Lodge

Round Barn Lodge
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Spring Green
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Round Barn is somewhat typical of this kind of accommodation (motel) found in Wisconsin. We stayed there with a big group last week. Upon check in, I asked if I could have a quieter room because I am a light sleeper. The lady at the desk looked at me like I had two heads or maybe more specifically, "why are you bothering me?", but then she said no, she wouldn't be able to do that!!
The rooms are OK, there is a refrigerator and microwave in each room. However, the rooms are dark and can be depressing if you have to spend much time in them.
We had breakfast organized by the group and it was AWFUL. The eggs were not real eggs, maybe they were powered and the pancakes were from frozen, them were tough and tasteless, I guess you can screw up breakfast if you are the Round Barn.
I didn't have a choice of where to stay, but I wouldn't go back to the Round Barn, I would look for a place that cares about the comfort of their guests.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank 06222012a

Reviewed May 22, 2013

What a fantastic crew. We had a motorcycle rally there the weekend of May 17, 18 and 19, 2013. Everyone that works at the Round Barn Lodge made sure we had everything we needed and helped us in anyway to make our event a success. They even had the water hose hooked up so we could clean our bikes and also rags to clean the bikes with. The rooms were clean, the grounds were clean. The desk clerks did a great job getting us all checked in and out. It was our 20th year of doing this so they even got us an anniversary cake. They thought of everything. It was a fantastic weekend. Thank-you very much every one at the Round Barn Lodge.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carole M
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My spouse and I stayed at this lodge. The room had 3 bedrooms. One bedroom on the lower level and two other bedrooms on the second level. To get up to the second level there is a winding staircase. The staircase is tiny however you can also reach the second level by the outside of the room (elevator or stairs). Basically the room is the size of an apartment. There is a full kitchen, dining area and dining room with a huge television. If you have kids there is a lot of room for them to frolic. The only problem is that there is no bathroom on the second level. If you are an overweight person you would most likely have to enter the second level by elevator or stairs. The room is definitely worth the extra price that we paid. There also is a resturant/bar. We were sitting at the bar watching television (there were only the two of us) and another couple came it and wanted to have dinner and watch a game (sports) that was on the television. There are televisions sets in the restaurant however one of the patrons that work at the bar (a heavy set gentlemen) turned the television off that we were watching and proceeded to turn the channel to the sports that the other couple wanted to watch. Needless to say we left and did not have dinner here. It was very rude and we were tired after travelling 3 hours so we didn't bother with any confrontation.

Room Tip: Room 100 has a lot of room. Well worth paying the extra price.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Karen M
Reviewed March 19, 2013

After reading a recent review of the lodge, I had to write my own review. I was there for 3 nights the same weekend that the "group of kids" stayed (3/7/13-3/10/13). I have to say that the only rude behavior that I witnessed that weekend was of the parents of these out of control children. I commend the staff for putting up with such behavior. When I did call the front desk on that Saturday evening because of the noise level and I was treated with respect from a very aplogetic staff.
My room was clean and well taken care of, and the staff was quite friendly and accommodating. I will definitely visit there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Heather C
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here with a group of people first off building did smell, second we stayed at this place with a group of kids , we booked this hotel because of the pool only to find out that after the kids were done with there sporting event that the pool was closed to the guests for a private party of about 8 kids from 4 - 6 PM you can only imaging the kids dissapointment, thats when we met the Pysho lady that everyone on here speaks of. nicest thing i can say about her she is rude and has no business being employed at a hotel. The hot tub was shut off on us an hour before the pool area closed each night. then to top it all off we had to leave Sunday morning early do to a gas leak!!! the owner said he would make it right well I guess we will see. Highly suggest you find a different place to stay. To the hotel and its management team SHAME ON YOU !!!!!!

Room Tip: Any Where but here!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Reggie R
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here on a recent snowmobile trip. We had not planned on staying here, and found this hotel right on the trail. We were not sure what to expect. We were so happy to have ended up here. The room was great, the price was even better, and the staff was wonderful. Very clean rooms and very comfy beds!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank miss_gypsy_garmin
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My family just had a reunion there the first weekend in 2013. There was about 40 of us that stayed and it was great. We rented the suite as well and that worked out perfect for us to hang out (living room, kitchen, big screen tv). Pam gave us everything and asked us countless times if we needed anything. Rick from the restaurant cooked our food for the entire weekend. The food was delicious especially the friday night fish! Service was a little slow but worth the wait. Pizzas are great too! Kids loved the game room and pool as well! Liked it so much, going back again this summer! Great value!

Room Tip: If the suite is available and you have kids, it is well worth the extra dollars to have that extra s...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
22 mi away
Quality Inn Mineral Point
Quality Inn Mineral Point
#2 of 3 in Mineral Point

Been to Round Barn Lodge? Share your experiences!