“Great Place To Stay - Highly Recommend” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country House Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Spooner
Country House Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Spooner
Mineral Point, WI
“Great Place To Stay - Highly Recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

I highly recommend The Country House Motel in Spooner WI. The fantastic staff will make sure your stay is enjoyable. The rooms are spotless and very comfortable. I would certainly stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

We ended up finding this motel when our other arrangements got changed for our four night ATV trip. Very impressed with the location of this motel in connecting to the trail system and central to were we wanted to ride. We were able to unload the trailer go right from the motel. The management was very helpful, friendly, and accomodating. The rooms were clean and just what we needed at a good price. Pool area was great and appreciated. Discounted price from motel at the local restaurant was great with the good food. Will stay here again every year for our ATV trip to the area and would recommend to anyone. Thanks Country House!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

Nice hotel for the price, very clean, & great log cabin style rooms!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Due to the heat and humidity we decided to stay at an air conditioned motel in Spooner. We stayed two nights. We had stayed there before. The room was very clean. Staff was very friendly. They gave a discount at a local restaurant which was great. We will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Spooner
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

Let me tell you something I had stayed there during 4th of July weekend, and that was one of the best stays at a hotel I have ever been at. The rooms were beautiful and the price for the rooms were perfect. The owners where wonderful to talk to and they are really kind hearted. Some of the people that had stayed there were rude and very unkind to them. I know that if anyone that stayed there had any problems with their stay, I know that the owners would have done anything they possibly could to make their customers stay better. I relly enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel and the beds were just perfect. It was a nice feeling to get up in the morning and leave and come back later on during the day and have the room clean by the time that I came back. The housekeepers were very trusting and that is another quaility of the hotel that I enjoyed. Overall this was the best experiences in Spooner that I have had. Honestly I would not go anywhere else to stay, and I hope you don't either!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Whitewater, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

During December, 2009 I spent nearly a week at the Country House Motel. Due to the length of my stay and the fact that I was traveling with two children I decided to reserve the king suite. In addition to the king bed in the I requested a roll away cot for my older child and a crib for my toddler. Due to the duration of my stay and the fact that I had rented the suite I was given a generous discount on the extra beds I requested.

The suite was very spacious and clean, with a full size tub which made bathing my toddler easy. The bathroom was very spacious as well. In the suite there were quality arm chairs with plenty of end tables to accommodate us. To my surprise this room also contained a kitchen table with four chairs. Even with the kitchen table, extra cot, and crib in the room there was still ample space for my children to play without aggravating each other. This was a great bonus for me.The kitchen table allowed my children and I to eat meals together as a family vs sitting in arm chairs, in our beds or on the floor. I also liked the fact that my room contained a mini refrigerator as well as a microwave. My children are on a healthy diet consisting of yogurts, fresh fruits, and several vegetables, etc so having ample space to keep food cold is a necessity.

My room was cleaned daily, unless I request that no service was needed due to the fact it wasn't dirty or placed a do not disturb sign on my door. During the days I requested service the beds were neatly made, including the make up of the crib. Trash was emptied, used towels were taken and clean ones were provided, toiletries were restocked, room was vacuumed, and everything was left in an orderly fashion.

I felt very secure with the cleaning staff at the motel. There was on instance where I went to the grocery store, which was conveniently located just across the street and open 24 hours taking just my checkbook and wallet, I accidentally left my debit card, nearly $100.00 in cash, Coach purse, Coach diaper bag, my laptop and my very expensive ipod out on the kitchen table, when I returned to my room everything was just as I had left it and the room had been fully cleaned. Both wireless and ether net cable were provided, upon check in I mentioned the fact that I needed internet access, I was given the wireless code as well as an either net connection cable, for a situation where the wireless may be interrupted based on poor weather conditions.

My children just loved the pool. The water was warm so you could swim for longer periods without being cold. There was a shallow end with made my oldest child feel secure. The pool room also had several tables and chairs in the case where I could sit and supervise my children. There were bathrooms conveniently located near the pool as well, making it possible to use the rest room without having to go to our room dripping wet. Another feature that impressed me was a private area outside with lounge chairs where you could tan, sadly I couldn't take advantage of this since I was there in winter months.

Overall I was very pleased with the room, upkeep of the motel, service I was given and the accommodations that were available. I plan on staying at this motel again this year.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank LoveLocalTravel
Elgin, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

My husband and I came to Spooner for a family funeral and decided to make a reservation at the Country House Motel. That was our first mistake and they escalated from there. We were unable to get into our room until after 1:00, and that was fine. But once we did, we should have simply left. The beds were hard as concrete slabs, the bathroom was VERY small, there was no ice in the ice maker, the water pressure in the shower was horrible and the temperature of the water that was there varied from minute to minute.

The real problem came when we arrived home and checked ou bank accounts and credit card accounts. Our reservation was for two nights, but a family problem shortened our stay to one night. When we arrived to check in, my husband used my bank card, not knowing it would be charged for the two nights before we even got into our room. The gentleman who checked us in told my husband he would reverse the charges. While my husband was standing there, he suppoedly reversed the charges. My husband gave him his credit card to charge.

At 7:30 the next morning, when we tried to check out, we had to wake the clerk from her bed. I told her we needed to leave and would be unable to stay the second night. She then proceeded to charge my husband's credit card for two nights. Needless to say, the charge to my bank account was never reversed and the credit card I gave the clerk the morning we left wasn't even my husbands! The real surprise came when we checked the charges. Two nights to my bank card and two nights to my husbands credit card.

The only accomodation we received was the fact that we'd had to bring our small dog along and were given a different room than had been reserved for us.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank S-Sweetman1
travelbugspooner, Owner at Country House Motel, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
Dear Mr and Mrs,

As we stated when your husband checked in that we just had a full check. You arrived at 11:30 and wanted to checkin, and we stated that check out was not till 11:00 and your room was not yet cleaned. Check in is at 3:00pm but we accomodated you and got you into your room at 1:00pm.
The ice machine all you had to do was push the button to dispense the ice. If you needed help all you had to do was ask.
As for the credit card issue we have never had anyone give us 3 credit cards before. The first credit card you gave us we ran and then you said no I do not want this one used use this one. So then we voided out credit card number one gave you a copy of receipt showing no charges.
Ran credit card number 2 and that was for the 2 days. Then you came in at 7:30am to check out early and I was given credit card number 3. I would not run credit card number 3 because I could deduct 1 day off of credit card number 2 and gave her a copy of the changes.
We do have someone here 24/7 our lobby hours are from 8:00am to 10:00pm. We have a night bell for people to use in case of emergencies or check ins.
I called July 4th to the credit card company and was on the phone for 45 minutes to verify that no charges other than for 1 day were on credit card number 2 and no charges on credit card number 1.
We are sorry about the water pressure their might have been a high demand for water at that time but have had no complaints before. Our water pressure is at 60psi. We will look into this problem.
As I stated on the phone to you that these charges were pending upon final check out verification. Due to the holiday it may take an additional day for the banks to reopen.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spooner
BEST WESTERN Spooner Riverplace
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#2 of 14 in Hayward
AmeriVu Inn and Suites - Shell Lake

Been to Country House Motel? Share your experiences!