“Very nice motel would stay again!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Spooner
Country House Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Spooner
Wisconsin
“Very nice motel would stay again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Due to the heat and humidity we decided to stay at an air conditioned motel in Spooner. We stayed two nights. We had stayed there before. The room was very clean. Staff was very friendly. They gave a discount at a local restaurant which was great. We will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Spooner
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

Let me tell you something I had stayed there during 4th of July weekend, and that was one of the best stays at a hotel I have ever been at. The rooms were beautiful and the price for the rooms were perfect. The owners where wonderful to talk to and they are really kind hearted. Some of the people that had stayed there were rude and very unkind to them. I know that if anyone that stayed there had any problems with their stay, I know that the owners would have done anything they possibly could to make their customers stay better. I relly enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel and the beds were just perfect. It was a nice feeling to get up in the morning and leave and come back later on during the day and have the room clean by the time that I came back. The housekeepers were very trusting and that is another quaility of the hotel that I enjoyed. Overall this was the best experiences in Spooner that I have had. Honestly I would not go anywhere else to stay, and I hope you don't either!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Whitewater, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

During December, 2009 I spent nearly a week at the Country House Motel. Due to the length of my stay and the fact that I was traveling with two children I decided to reserve the king suite. In addition to the king bed in the I requested a roll away cot for my older child and a crib for my toddler. Due to the duration of my stay and the fact that I had rented the suite I was given a generous discount on the extra beds I requested.

The suite was very spacious and clean, with a full size tub which made bathing my toddler easy. The bathroom was very spacious as well. In the suite there were quality arm chairs with plenty of end tables to accommodate us. To my surprise this room also contained a kitchen table with four chairs. Even with the kitchen table, extra cot, and crib in the room there was still ample space for my children to play without aggravating each other. This was a great bonus for me.The kitchen table allowed my children and I to eat meals together as a family vs sitting in arm chairs, in our beds or on the floor. I also liked the fact that my room contained a mini refrigerator as well as a microwave. My children are on a healthy diet consisting of yogurts, fresh fruits, and several vegetables, etc so having ample space to keep food cold is a necessity.

My room was cleaned daily, unless I request that no service was needed due to the fact it wasn't dirty or placed a do not disturb sign on my door. During the days I requested service the beds were neatly made, including the make up of the crib. Trash was emptied, used towels were taken and clean ones were provided, toiletries were restocked, room was vacuumed, and everything was left in an orderly fashion.

I felt very secure with the cleaning staff at the motel. There was on instance where I went to the grocery store, which was conveniently located just across the street and open 24 hours taking just my checkbook and wallet, I accidentally left my debit card, nearly $100.00 in cash, Coach purse, Coach diaper bag, my laptop and my very expensive ipod out on the kitchen table, when I returned to my room everything was just as I had left it and the room had been fully cleaned. Both wireless and ether net cable were provided, upon check in I mentioned the fact that I needed internet access, I was given the wireless code as well as an either net connection cable, for a situation where the wireless may be interrupted based on poor weather conditions.

My children just loved the pool. The water was warm so you could swim for longer periods without being cold. There was a shallow end with made my oldest child feel secure. The pool room also had several tables and chairs in the case where I could sit and supervise my children. There were bathrooms conveniently located near the pool as well, making it possible to use the rest room without having to go to our room dripping wet. Another feature that impressed me was a private area outside with lounge chairs where you could tan, sadly I couldn't take advantage of this since I was there in winter months.

Overall I was very pleased with the room, upkeep of the motel, service I was given and the accommodations that were available. I plan on staying at this motel again this year.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank LoveLocalTravel
Elgin, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

My husband and I came to Spooner for a family funeral and decided to make a reservation at the Country House Motel. That was our first mistake and they escalated from there. We were unable to get into our room until after 1:00, and that was fine. But once we did, we should have simply left. The beds were hard as concrete slabs, the bathroom was VERY small, there was no ice in the ice maker, the water pressure in the shower was horrible and the temperature of the water that was there varied from minute to minute.

The real problem came when we arrived home and checked ou bank accounts and credit card accounts. Our reservation was for two nights, but a family problem shortened our stay to one night. When we arrived to check in, my husband used my bank card, not knowing it would be charged for the two nights before we even got into our room. The gentleman who checked us in told my husband he would reverse the charges. While my husband was standing there, he suppoedly reversed the charges. My husband gave him his credit card to charge.

At 7:30 the next morning, when we tried to check out, we had to wake the clerk from her bed. I told her we needed to leave and would be unable to stay the second night. She then proceeded to charge my husband's credit card for two nights. Needless to say, the charge to my bank account was never reversed and the credit card I gave the clerk the morning we left wasn't even my husbands! The real surprise came when we checked the charges. Two nights to my bank card and two nights to my husbands credit card.

The only accomodation we received was the fact that we'd had to bring our small dog along and were given a different room than had been reserved for us.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank S-Sweetman1
travelbugspooner, Owner at Country House Motel, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
Dear Mr and Mrs,

As we stated when your husband checked in that we just had a full check. You arrived at 11:30 and wanted to checkin, and we stated that check out was not till 11:00 and your room was not yet cleaned. Check in is at 3:00pm but we accomodated you and got you into your room at 1:00pm.
The ice machine all you had to do was push the button to dispense the ice. If you needed help all you had to do was ask.
As for the credit card issue we have never had anyone give us 3 credit cards before. The first credit card you gave us we ran and then you said no I do not want this one used use this one. So then we voided out credit card number one gave you a copy of receipt showing no charges.
Ran credit card number 2 and that was for the 2 days. Then you came in at 7:30am to check out early and I was given credit card number 3. I would not run credit card number 3 because I could deduct 1 day off of credit card number 2 and gave her a copy of the changes.
We do have someone here 24/7 our lobby hours are from 8:00am to 10:00pm. We have a night bell for people to use in case of emergencies or check ins.
I called July 4th to the credit card company and was on the phone for 45 minutes to verify that no charges other than for 1 day were on credit card number 2 and no charges on credit card number 1.
We are sorry about the water pressure their might have been a high demand for water at that time but have had no complaints before. Our water pressure is at 60psi. We will look into this problem.
As I stated on the phone to you that these charges were pending upon final check out verification. Due to the holiday it may take an additional day for the banks to reopen.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

These people were not at all accomodating! We stayed for 2 days. There were 4 of us. On the second day, they didn't leave enough bath towels (2). They didn't make our beds, nor clean the coffeepot, or empty the trash, or leave any new coffee. This on top of the fact we had a hard time sleeping because of the non working AC! I would never recommend this place! One would think these people were encouraging us to look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2010
3 Thank Blackhawk4361
We are sorry for your bad experience. Our customers tell us the rooms are comfortable, we may have been experiencing an ac problem at the time of your stay. We have someone here 24/7 and if you were having problems all you had to do was call the front desk.
As for housekeeping we clean the rooms daily unless it says Do Not Disturb and housekeeping leaves at 3:00pm. We would of refunded your money if we knew you were having so many problems. Our boilers were still running until the end of June because some customers still wanted heat.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2010

The Counrty House Motel located in Spooner, WI was wonderful. We visited in January 2010 with a large group of hockey families (I think we had 18 rooms). We had an overabundance of small children...and they could not have been nicer to us. The hotel allowed us to have the party room next to the pool at no cost so that we could all enjoy the weekend in one central place. We had a rowdy bunch of small kids and family and they were beyond friednly and hospitable. The rooms were quaint and clean - though you need to make sure you have a non smoking room.

It was great having a fridge and microwave in each room. Besides dealing with a crotchety crazy woman down the hall, who liked to complain about everything...they even handled her in a polite manner inspite of her nasty demeanor.

The pool is small, but clean and well kept up. The staff is really nice. They do a great job maintaing this place. My only complaint is that from about 11pm -8am there is no way to check in or out, no matter what. We had a parent show up at 6 in the morning and could not contact anyone to get into his room, so he and his son had to camp out in their car until our tournament started. Also, we couldn't check out until someone arrived at about 8:30 on Sunday, which was a bit unnerving since we had to get to a game that started at 9:00.

• Stayed January 2010
Stoughton, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

My husband and I recently stayed here. Our room was beautiful! From our understanding all the rooms have been re-decorated and re-carpeted. The bathroom was immaculate with all of those also re-done recently. In visiting with the current owners they said they purchased it less than two years ago and have been making improvements during the off season. This was our first trip to the Spooner area, but if we go back we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spooner
BEST WESTERN Spooner Riverplace
AmeriVu Inn and Suites - Shell Lake
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#2 of 14 in Hayward

Been to Country House Motel? Share your experiences!