“A Pleasant Surprise!”

Best Western Spooner Riverplace
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Spooner
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Best Western American Heritage Inn in Spooner, WI while my son participated in a hockey tournament at the Spooner Ice House. I was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel. I have stayed in my share of "not so nice" hotels in small towns during our hockey travels....but not this one! Hotel is well maintained and staffed with friendly, helpful employees. Rooms, although a bit on the small side, are very clean and appear to have been recently updated. Beds and pillows were comfy and hotel was quiet. For a nice little bonus, our room overlooked a river behind the hotel....great view! Overall, a great stay and a great bargain! Highly recommend:)

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side of the hotel overlook river...great, peaceful view!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Spooner Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. Pleasant surprises are the best kind, and we really appreciate your kind words about our service and accommodations. I hope your tournament went well, and that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Spooner Riverplace

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Very satisfied,clean rooms comfortable bed,The Staff are all very friendly and helpful.Standard continental breakfast but was hot and fresh. Not afraid to recommend this property to anyone.When back in Spooner this will be my first choice,

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Spooner Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent visit, nice review and strong recommendation! I hope you will let us know how we can earn that 5th star from you during your next visit to Spooner.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We have stayed at this motel multiple times in the past few years and we have never been disappointed. The price is always surprisingly low and the facility is spotless. The rooms have microwaves and small fridges and are quite comfortable. James at the front desk is always a welcome sight and he is always eager to assist with any issues. The breakfast is delicious and very nicely presented, and always fresh. We are usually passing through, and Spooner offers several excellent choices for dining. Our favorite is the Market which always has fresh and imaginative selections, and there is always something on the menu for vegetarians.

Room Tip: Rooms with a river view are quite lovely.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Spooner Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for your many stays, and for taking the time to write and share your comments. James is one of our best, and he inspires all of us to do our best with every guest, every day. I'll be sure he receives the positive recognition he deserves for being mentioned here by you. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you again soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spooner is my favorite stopping place when traveling from the St. Louis area to northern Minnesota or Ontario, Canada. Located next to one of Wisconsin's state trails and the Yellow River, it has a north-woods feel not found at other places I've tried. Spooner is pretty small and quiet but there is a good small restaurant and a McDonalds close by. The staff is always friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the breakfast is great, especially eaten on the deck outside. The pool and hottub are great amenities, especially after a long day of driving. I have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back face the river; front side rooms face the parking lot/street. I like the second fl...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Spooner Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you very much for your many visits, nice review and strong recommendation! We are so fortunate to be in such a beautiful part of the country, and want all our guests to be able to enjoy even a small part of it from our deck during their stay with us. I hope you will let us know when you plan to return, so we can welcome you back and thank you in person.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were greeted by a nice friendly young man. He was very accomodating by open doors, asking if he could assist with luggage and even gave us some awesome restaurant selections. The one we chose was great. The room was very cleaned. Besides the usually hand soap, body wash, we were given toothburshes, razors, shaving cream, toothpaste and even a couple of comb. Breakfast was usual continental breakfast, over looking deck, which you could sit on if you would like. The lady at front desk was again friendly and very accomodating. Would stay here again and would recommend to travelers. Smaller community, but great service and hometown friendliness.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Spooner Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and recommendation of our hotel from you recent stay with us. We want all our guests to be happy with their decision to stay here. I hope you will let us serve you again and hopefully earn that 5th star from you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and spacious. Breakfast room was clean with the typical hotel breakfast. Hotel has a deck in back that over looks the river. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Spooner Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations, and with our new deck, and hope you will let us serve you here again soon.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My husband and I were in Minnesota on vacation and I sprained my ankle. He wanted to get me back home to West Virginia so we started out the same day. We got as far as Spooner, WI and decided to check out the Best Western for the night.

Not only did we find it affordable, we found Jason to be the sweetest person and very caring. He saw that I was hurt and was genuinely concerned. He told my husband, after I got settled into my room, that he would do anything we needed, just to ring for him.

The room had two double beds so I propped my bad foot on one and laid back on wonderfully soft pillows and on great comfortable bed! It was the best sleep - besides my foot hurting.

Jason was our knight in shining armor at this Oasis in our time of trouble. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Spooner Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Thank you very much for giving us a chance to serve you during your recent road trip home from the Northland. I'm sorry you sprained your ankle, and hope your recovery is fast and full. Jason is terrific, and he inspires all of us to do our best every day with every guest, and I will be sure that he receives the positive recognition he deserves for being mentioned here by you. I hope you will stay with us again if you are in our area in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Spooner
Heartwood Conference Center & Retreat
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake
Flat Creek Inn & Suites
Flat Creek Inn & Suites
#4 of 15 in Hayward

Been to Best Western Spooner Riverplace? Share your experiences!