“Okay room, but filthy bedspreads and the office smells like cat urine. Stay away.”
Review of Inn Town Motel

Inn Town Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Spooner
Inn Town Motel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Spooner
North Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Had no choice but to stay here when my vehicle broke down. There was some type of flea market or rummage sale going on in front of some of the rooms, which was odd. The lady in the office seemed very nice, but the smell of cat (or dog) urine was so strong it made me nauseous. She later said she owns ten dogs (!). My room was clean enough in general, and had a nice little fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, and ironing board. Decent amenities for a budget room, but the bedspreads were actually crusty with stains (shudder) and there was no chain on the door, with way too many oddball characters hanging around for my comfort. I wedged a chair under the doorknob and slept fitfully on the bed stripped down to the sheets. Something on the headboard kept catching my hair and pulling. Bizarre. Was very happy to see daylight and my ride/tow home. Again, the lady at the front desk was really nice, so I hate to post such a negative review, but this place has some serious issues.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Julie B

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Stayed at the In Town Motel in late may. The rooms are small and musty. Bed spreads are the classic style that seems to have not been washed in years. The carpet is dirty and moldy. Bathrooms are small and old. The owners keep dogs between the rooms and the office. That area reeks of dog poop, although the dogs are nice, the owner are dirty. I won't go back and I hope I didn't get bed bugs.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Mikehky

Travelers are raving about these Spooner hotels

North Vernon, Indiana
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We arrived at the motel, looked at the rooms and checked in. The rooms were very clean. This is a no frills motel. If you want extra coffee supplies, they are available for purchase at the office. There is great wireless at the motel. The night was quite and pleasant. The beds were very confortable. We called several other motels in the area and they were very over priced in my opinion! Stay at the Inn Town Motel if you just want a nice clean room. We paid $50 for the night.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I called in May 2011 to book a room in June. When the person answered the phone I asked who I was talking to. She said "the owner". I asked what her name was in a very friendly manner, and she said "What do you want". I said that I called to book a room but wasn't so sure now if she is hesitant to tell me her name. She said nothing more and hung up the phone. NOT a good first impression. I obviously did not call back to book a room at this motel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
8 Thank jsr30196
Plymouth, Minnesota
Reviewed February 11, 2011

When there's more dust than air I think that a place should be shut down. Hotel desk lady was rude and very ignorant. Would NOT recommend.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank Tedslawfirm
Minneapolis , mn
Reviewed October 27, 2009

the Inn town motel in spooner is located on the main street of spooner , within walking distants of many store, resaurants, attrations. The rooms were a good size, the upkeep has been maintained, and the clean.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Inn Town Motel? Share your experiences!