“My grandfather's house was Strawberry Lace Inn.”

Strawberry Lace Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sparta
Strawberry Lace Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Sparta B&B and Inns
Minnetrista, Minnesota
“My grandfather's house was Strawberry Lace Inn.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Beautiful looking place!
This was my grandfather and grandmother's house in Sparta. When I was growing up we used to drive to Sparta for holidays and I remember this house so well. Baby grand piano in the parlor. Winding steps. Lead glass porch. Oriental rugs.
Thanks for keeping it up so well!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cynthia D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

People were so friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was out of this world amazing!! The woman innkeeper even shared her own cook book which was terrific! The room was far more than we expected to get so last minute. Couldn't have worked out any better!!

Room Tip: The deluxe sweet is worth every penny with a private jacuzzi!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

What a great bed and breakfast. It was immaculate and beautifully restored. The hosts Jack and Elsie were very accommodating of our schedule and prepared breakfast earlier than they normally would just so that my husband could participate in a marathon in nearby Norwalk. The breakfasts were more like brunch with multiple scrumptious courses. Staying here was like staying at home. They made you feel very welcome and shared the entire B&B with us. Of all the B&B's we've stayed at in the past, this is by far the best and has the best innkeepers. They were very hospitable and we would not hesitate to stay here in the future or to recommend their B& B to others. On a scale of 1 to 10, this would be a 10.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

My family was very disappointed in their experience at Strawberry Lace B & B. I am not sure how they were rated so highly in previous reviews. The owners make you feel very uncomfortable and service was not very accomodating. Breakfast was strictly at 8am for everyone and if you failed to tell them the night before that you would not be coming to breakfast they acted very upset and put out that you didn't come to breakfast. All the outside lights are turned off at night making it very difficult to find your way to the house and get in. The owners said they turn out the lights so that people don't come to the door looking for vacancies. My young adult neices and nephews arrived after us and based on the fact that they looked young and didn't think they would be someone staying at their establishment, literally almost turned them away, not allowing them to enter the house until they were questions and the owner was convinced that they had reservations under a family name. I was very upset about the way they were treated. My family members had come into town for a wedding, reserved all of the rooms in the house, and they were not made to feel welcome at all. These owners should not be in the B & B business! I will never recommend this establishment to anyone.

Room Tip: no comment
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank WisconsinMeme
Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

The innkeepers are full of welcome and hospitality. They have renovated this home with great love and effort, and have a beautiful collection of antiques. The breakfast is superb--four courses served on china with silver. We had a lovely conversation with the other guests.

Our room (the Rose Room) did have a bathroom without a door, but we felt there was enough privacy. The room on the third floor does not have a private toilet/shower (it's in the room). Just a note of caution.

We will be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

I was really impressed. Don't let the older website and lack of an online registration system lull you into thinking this is not a TOP notch place, because it is. (I'm a web designer, so I do sometimes make the mistake of judging the inn by it's website) Elsie and Jack have a discernible love and passion for what they do, and it shows from the minute they greet you at the front door. After 16 years of doing this, I'm amazed that they can still generate such genuine interest and care for their guests. Probably one of the top B&B hosts we've met, and we've been around the world. The place is spotless, the beds are extremely comfy, bathrooms well appointed - though DO NOTE that the Tower Room has the bathroom (and toilet) literally IN the room. And our room, the Rose Room, has a separate bathroom, but no door. So if you are on a romantic getaway with a new flame, I'd pick a different room. If you're an old married couple and don't mind sending each other downstairs to the parlor for a spell, no worries. :) We stayed with friends to bike the Elroy-Sparta trail, and they thoroughly enjoyed the stay too. We stayed up talking in the comfortable back sunroom/porch, which would also be a great spot to play board games or cards. The 4 course breakfast was wonderful and we had a great time connecting with Elsie & Jack and the other fun couples staying the night. A truly excellent experience, I would go back anytime.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

We spent this past weekend in Sparta, Wisc. for my husbands 30th high school reunion. I found the Strawberry lace B&B on line, but had no idea what to expect. Often times web sites look better on line than in person but this lovely B&B was more than we expected ! The web site is great and accurate! From the moment we arrived we were made to feel like family by the owners, Elsie & Jack. They couldn't have been more warm and welcoming. We stayed in The Major's room. Everything was so clean and comfortable. While my husband golfed, I spent several hours on Saturday in the beautiful sunroom just reading, watching tv and napping. I've never felt comfortable enough to explore any other B&B, let alone take a nap!! Elsie checked in on me after a couple of hours to see if I needed anything and we just chatted for a while. She was so sweet! So many interesting antiques in every room you go through. The five course breakfasts were amazing. Elsie has 40 different recipes for breakfast. She loves to cook and Jack serves, describes each course and clears the table, not to mention shares a wonderful story or two. They are quite a team and so funny and charming. It was without a doubt the best experience we've ever had at a B&B and we will look forward to our next reunion visit and wouldn't even consider staying anyplace else!! Another thing to mention is it's right in the heart of Sparta. Only 4 blocks to town which was very convenient .

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple