“Wonderful Trail”

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I like this trail as it is scenic with many bridges. You can see the Mississippi River as well as the Black River when you head north. I had hoped to head there when I visited recently, but weather did not cooperate.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This trail passes through or near some small towns. Spurs make it easy to ride off the main trail and explore these towns. There is spur to a county park just west of West Salem. I was glad I took the time to ride this spur and explore this park with a campground. It would be a good place to camp while riding the trail.

West Salem was having a festival the weekend I rode through. It was a welcome stop on a cool, breezy day. I enjoyed some warm food while listening to a band playing in a town park. People were friendly and seemed to appreciate visitors.

I rode this trail shortly after a storm and had to carry my bike over an area of fallen branches shortly before reaching La Crosse. The ranger at the next parking area had a chainsaw and said he would clear the trail. There is a city trail spur into La Crosse near the end of the trail.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

it is a good view and so nice to visit and a really cool place to go if your bored and love to walk on trails and i give it 100% nice view and all come and visit and check it out

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The trail along the river was beautiful that time of year, but it smelled so badly like there was an array of dead fish floating on the surface. The water is pretty disgusting. What can you expect?

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Excellent surface to run on except going through the 3/4 mile long tunnel twice. Almost twisted my ankle 3 times each way through.