“3 TVs and a really great pool”

Best Western Plus Sparta Trail Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sparta
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Read many reviews of hotels in about a 40 mile radius and for the money this looked like the best. I was very pleased. Excellent and big breakfast, quiet rooms. And oh yes, my room had 3 TVs. I didn't turn them on but wow, 3.
My advice, don't put the extra $10 for the whirlpool room. Not worth it at all. But everything else I was very happy with. Btw, the pool area was one of the nicest I've seen for kids. Bummed mine weren't with me. I stay in 4-5 star hotels all the time in downtown Chicago so I expect a lot generally, this was "worth it" purchase.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Drumkat
John H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sparta Trail Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank-You for staying with us and for such a kind review. We receive a lot of compliments on our pool area, it truly is a great place for the kids. Hopefully you will stay with us again and bring your family next time.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 7, 2013

As luck would have it, i came down with the flu on my way out to Wisconsin. I ended up staying an extra night to rest up. Everything was exceptional except for the scrambled eggs. I was afraid to try them because they didn't look fresh, but I had also not been down first thing after breakfast opened either. Staff was very pleasant! I would definately stay here again and I have also stayed here before this.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am glad you got some much needed rest at the hotel, I sure hope you are feeling better. Thank-you for the input on the scrambled eggs, I spoke with our breakfast attendants about your review and they assured me they would follow through on making sure everything looks fresh and appealing. Thank-You for such a nice review.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
John H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sparta Trail Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Extremely comfortable pillow top beds, clean and bright room, clean pool and pool area with comfortable chairs/lounges, quiet and away from trafic, and fabuous complimentary breakfast which included make your waffle, hot scrambled eggs, hot and freshly made bacon, great sausages, fruit, dairy products, juices, very good coffee. Breakfast attendant in the room assisting and cleaning. The breakfast room was nicely decorated with a fire place. What more could you want!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
John H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sparta Trail Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

I am glad you had a great stay with us. I always share the reviews with the staff, they will enjoy your comments. They actually really enjoyed decorating for the holidays and the breakfast area turned out beautiful.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Finding the motel was easy. Got to motel and a very friendly desk person helped right away. Rooms where clean and comfortable. Had a nice pool, and hot tub. And best thing was the brewsky's on site.

AH

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank-You for such a nice review, I will share your review with the whole staff.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Best Western Plus in Sparta was an excellent choice for us for a fall get away. There were no rooms available in La Crosse because of Octoberfest but it was a very quick drive to that area for everything we wanted to do. This hotel was very clean, the room was very spacious, it was very quiet even though the hotel was filled the second night, and the staff was very accommodating. We would definitely stay here again.....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
John H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sparta Trail Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank- you for writing such a favorable review for you recent stay, your comments will be shared with all staff. They always appreciate hearing that they are doing a good job. Thank- You

Reviewed September 13, 2012

...appears new and well decorated. I'm not sure why we had such a different experience than others reviewing this hotel, but our room appeared very dusty and not vacuumed. Scum and dust noted on bathroom shelves and hair dryer. The sheets had stains and did not smell fresh. Breakfast was fair...fake eggs and not many healthy options.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
John H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sparta Trail Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for writing a review for our hotel. I am sorry we fell short on your expectations during your stay. We usually score very high on the cleanliness of our hotel and rooms, so I assure this is not the norm. I have posted your review in the break area for all employees to read with a reminder that we need to be on our game everyday to insure total guest satisfaction. Hopefully in the future you will give us another chance at earning your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sparta
3 mi away
Hampton Inn Tomah
#1 of 11 in Tomah
Best Western Tomah Hotel
Cranberry Country Lodge

Been to Best Western Plus Sparta Trail Lodge? Share your experiences!