“Step Back in Time”

Cuisines: American
Taichung, Taiwan
“Step Back in Time”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

The gormet soups & sandwiches are homemade are delicious. This restaurant is loaded with antiques and even has a working soda fountain. The staff is friendly and efficient. The day i was there the were busy but the service was excellent. My lunch was wonderful.

Chicago, IL
“Good food, super friendly service!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is a soda fountain with a nice menu of soups, salads and sandwiches. We had the perfect meal at the end of a long day of biking on the Sparta-Elroy bike trail. My husband and I both had soup, panini (Reuben for me, Roast Beef and Mozzarella for him) with a side of chips, and finished it off with their homemade ice cream. The young guys working there were very nice. If you don't like socializing with the locals then this might not be the place for you. Best meal we've had in the 4 days we spent in Sparta.

• Visited August 2012
Opelika, Alabama, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Americana at its finest.”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stopped by for a pre-dinner milk shake. I know. Don't judge. The handmade shake was perfect. I noticed a list of homemade soups so I figured I'd give them a shot. I had a cup of potato cheddar soup, as well as a bowl of white chicken chili. Both really hit the spot. The young man behind the counter provided great customer service and was a breath of fresh air. Lots of nostalgic items on display throughout the diner. Great place!

Madison, Alabama
“World Class Malts”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Children and adults alike need to experience this nostalgaic malt shop and enjoy a frozen cup of sugary goodness. The service is excellent and the flavors are irresistably delicious!

• Visited May 2012

Been to Ginny's Cupboard? Share your experiences!