Super 8 Sparta
Best Western Plus Sparta Trail Lodge(Sparta)(Great Value!)
$99
BestWestern.com
$94
Country Inn
$45
Justin Trails Resort(Sparta)(Great Value!)
$199
$60
Official Site
$50
TripAdvisor
All reviewscontinental breakfastwaffleshard boiled eggsroom was cleanjacuzzi suitehot tubovernight stopwifi signalstaff was very friendlywaffle makera great stayfresh fruitbike rackweekend stayhockey tournamentnice breakfastbike trail
Reviewed February 1, 2010

Our group (about 30 families) was in Sparta for our kids (7-10 year olds) hockey tournament. Unfortunately, it appears that they'd had some problems with previous hockey groups and were a bit tense with our group. First, we got to pay the rack rate (no group discount) and, second, at check-in we had to sign some form that indicated we understand the rules (which were enforced.) Our group found this a bit off-putting but wanted to be close to the tournament. This did not result in a positive first impression.

The hotel itself was small, clean, and relatively well maintained (there were a number of icy patches in the parking lot that should have been salted.) Rooms were smallish but adequate and clean and relatively sound-proofed (some hall noise), pretty much what you'd expect at a Super 8. I found the bed very comfortable (I like a firm mattress.) The pool was small but our kids enjoyed it. The bottom of the pool has a rough surface and resulted in blisters on the feet of our son (and at least one other person).

The included breakfast was adequate, and available very early (I was up at 5:30 am for one of our games.)

Our family, was in bed by 9:30 pm both nights we were there and out the door by 9 am, latest, so we weren't using this hotel for much more than sleeping. It was adequate.

This hotel, while a bit pricey for a Super 8, is fine if you're not a hockey team; why they rent to hockey teams, with the obvious management concerns, eludes me. We'd probably stay elsewhere (as a team) if there's a next time.

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed November 11, 2009

My daughter and I woke up in the morning to find she had several bed bug bites all over her arms. Upon a closer investigation of the bed she slept in we were able to see the bugs. While the hotel was nice enough to provide plastic bags to use to bag all of our belongings (until such time we could de-bug all of our items) and refund our money, I still may be forever leery of a Super 8. At last count the total number of bites which welted up on my daughter totaled 75, including 25 on her face. Please be cautious of this hotel and room 110.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SurlyGirl
Reviewed October 14, 2007

I spent five nights here, and was satisfied with the hotel. The room was a nice size, with a king size bed and a sofa which both had a good view of the tv. I liked the fact that the light in the bathroom automatically served as a nightlight, and the hotel had switched to the curved shower rods. I did not have any issues with road noise although the hotel was conveniently located near the interstate. The continental breakfast had cereal, oatmeal, toast, mini muffins, and fresh fruit along with coffee and juice. I used the pool and the whirlpool, and enjoyed the opportunity to exercise then soak and relax. The front desk personnel were friendly, as was housekeeping.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 7, 2007

This was an average chain motel. The bed was comfortable but not luxurious. Location is pretty near a noisy interstate. The continental breakfast didn't look very appealing. The service was substandard--after the first night, we left a tip (in the envelope provided!) which was taken, but the maid didn't clean the coffeepot and resupply the coffee, nor even provide new soap and shampoo, so we were left with little for the next day. All in all, not horrible, but certainly nothing very good.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Robert F
A TripAdvisor Member
Pardeeville, Wi
Reviewed February 19, 2005

I could not believe hoe nice the staff was they gave us a discount for no reason at all!!!! then they called the room to welcome us and ask if we were comfortable!!! rooms were HUGE and clean. you have to stay there.
they treat you like royalty!!!