“Loved it!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sparta
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sparta
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family stayed at the Country Inn in Sparta, WI. The staff were very helpful for everything we needed and giving us places to go eat and things to do with our children. Our kids loved the pool and the hot tub. The hotel and pool area were nice and clean. Breakfast was our favorite part. The waffles are amazing. It was nice and quiet.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FabulousFam

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I had the most awesome experience with the staff at this hotel!! When I checked in I told the woman behind the desk that I didn't feel well, my stomach was very upset. 15 min. after I checked in she called my room and asked if a 7-Up sounded good, "her treat". She even brought it down to my room with a cup of ice. Later that evening, another gal was working and she offered to make me some toast. It's not fun being sick on the road, but having staff that was willing to help you feel better warmed my heart. They both went over and above their jobs!! Their names were Becky and Sherry. Thanks for being there for me!! You're the best!! It really shows that you like your jobs and really do take care of the customer!! I will be back forsure!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jo C
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Excellent customer service, the front desk was very friendly and accomadating the room was veryclean, the hotel location was great just off the highway, a very good family restaurant was located just across parking lot which was walking distance. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We were in a hurry to come and leave quick so got a corner room close to exit. Unpacked and packed q...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

It doesnt look like much but the rooms are clean and tidy. The housekeepers add little touches by folding the towels pretty Beds are comfortable. I had to be up early for work and leave by 530am and they opened the breakfast for me early. Good options for breakfast. Would stay here again when in the area for work.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Celia P
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I used to stay at this hotel when I had to travel for work. This stay was for two days and was a leisure trip. The staff has always been friendly and very helpful. The rooms are small but quite comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PamelaB1050
Reviewed October 9, 2012

From the initial check-in to the check-out and everything in between, from the front desk staff to housekeeping, everyone is friendly and helpful. Have stayed at the hotel numerous times in the past and have always had a great experience. Rooms are clean and quiet, and the pool and whirlpool is fun for my daughter. Morning Breakfast is always good and has a good variety of items. Would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Sparta.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ryan H
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This was not built as a country inn and is a little dated but clean and very nice. It is right off the freeway but you can't hear road noise in the rooms at all. The rooms are smaller then most country inns but in very good condition. There was a microwave, fridge and 37" flat screen tv with great channel selection. Really odd for a country inn was the bar down stairs. It is a nice little place for a night cap though and they had great free popcorn. The full hot breakfast was great as always in country inns and we enjoyed it very much. I would stay here again for sure.
The only negative was the drain in the sink and shower were very slow and the water pretty hard. But that's life on the road!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sparta
3 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites La Crosse Downtown
Cranberry Country Lodge
AmericInn Hotel & Suites West Salem
Best Western Tomah Hotel

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sparta? Share your experiences!