“Nice bar”
Review of Sparta Steakhouse

Sparta Steakhouse
Ranked #13 of 40 Restaurants in Sparta
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: No URL, but I just want to share with other folks to give them a heads up
Reviewed January 27, 2012

This place could really do better if they stepped it up a little. The bar is nice and Friday fish fry is good. Steaks are good but certainly not great. Overpriced for the mediocre steaks.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

OMG.... diners beware....Do not eat at the Sparta Steak House!!!! Went on a date with the hubby. Had to wait 20 min for a table that was open (and cleared) when we arrived. Then we ordered an app that the cook forgot to make so when we did get it it wasn't even fully cooked. Then when we got our tips, it was cold not even luke warm, IT WAS COLD! When we refused to eat this crap, they apologized and said we only had to pay for our drinks and the cup of canned soup and handful of lettuce leafs...Fine, no problem...... Then we got the bill. $12. The lettuce was $4...REALLY? So, in conclusion....SPARTA STEAK HOUSE SUCKS!!!!!!

4  Thank smbullen
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I'm in town solo for a military course and was looking for a good restaurant. My internet search pointed me here,so I thought I'd give it a try.
I walked in, sat down at the bar and waited about 5 minutes before the bartender acknowledged my existence and asked if I needed anything. It was only6:30 and they weren't that busy yet, so I couldn't understand the delay. I ordered the petite filet, medium; a side of coconut shrimp and a beer.
I waited a long time to get my salad...long enough that the bartender apologized for the delay and said that my food will be right out because the salad had been sitting for a while. He was right, because the meal did come and it was not only lukewarm, it was also medium rare.
After a brief wait, it came back warmer, but it was still medium rare. Quite honestly, I was hungry and annoyed, so I just ate it as is. It was okay...not much flavor, but as I just said, I was already annoyed. For that, I'll give Sparta Steakhouse one last try. If you go, I'd suggest sitting at a table rather than he bar.

Reviewed April 9, 2011

My family and I were wandering around Sparta and happened to notice this sign down what seemed to be a side-street while we were at a stoplight. We're glad we noticed it! We walked in and were immediately seated. Our server Adrian was one of the best servers we've had in a long time. He was very attentive without being intrusive. He joked around with our kids. Took time to explain how some of the items we had interest in ordering were made. He got a nice tip at the end of our meal (30% or so!). I had a NY Strip which was excellent, my wife had the manicottii which was also very good, and the kids had cheeseburgers. The portions were generous and the experience was satisfying. The background music was 60's country, and the decor was rustic / western. We'll be going back the next time we're in Sparta. We're also going to tell my in-laws who frequent Sparta regularly about this out-of-the-way gem.

2  Thank paulbahr
Reviewed August 13, 2009

Went with a group of friends for a good steak and was not disappointed. The dessert was so-so, but the appetizers were also good. I plan to return when in the area.

Been to Sparta Steakhouse? Share your experiences!