“Cozy luxury”

Franklin Victorian Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Sparta B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I rode from Elroy-Sparta (through the rain) and couldn't have been happier to have the Franklin Victorian Bed & Breakfast there to welcome us at the end of our journey. The house is historic, the service friendly, and the breakfast was the best I've ever had at a B&B. You won't be disappointed!

p.s. They have a "bike barn" to store your bikes overnight!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
LakeKing, Owner at Franklin Victorian Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you so much for taking time to write a nice reivew of your stay with us here at the Franklin Victorian Bed & Breakfast. We are happy you have a wonderful stay and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

My wife booked a murder mystery stay for 8 of us and we had an EXCELLENT time. The house is imaculate, the breakfast incredible. We are already planning a return trip in order to ride the Sparta - La Crosse bike trail.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

It was a great time and you were wonderful guests for a Murder Mystery weekend. I keep thinking of the great time and great laughs. Thank you for your kindness.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I wanted to give my husband a memorable and special birthday, and I couldn't have chosen a better experience. My parents and their friends had booked a "Murder Mystery Weekend" package many years ago. When I asked them if they would recommend this, they said yes, but were surprisingly... uninformative. I realize now that it was because they didn't want to share too much information! And I'm glad they didn't. I was immediately struck by how beautifully decorated, clean, and gorgeous the house was on the outside, and even more awestruck by the interior... the gorgeous stained glass, romantically decorated and very spacious rooms. It even smelled warm and 'homey'. There was not one detail missed... from the decorative glassware filled with chocolates in every room (even the bathroom!) to the rubber duck, robes, slippers for the jacuzzi. I realized that I had brought so much more than I really needed to... I had brought drinks for everyone, of course, but didn't need the three coolers I brought along (there was a refrigerator provided) or extra glassware (there was every type of glassware imaginable for us) or the corkscrew (obviously), or snacks (there was fruit snacks, chocolates, cookies, tea, coffee, hot chocolate with marshmallows, too much more to mention). Mrs. and Mr. Dunn were very polite and went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. Everyone had an absolute blast! I have to admit, I was afraid that everyone would be sitting around in silly costumes in silence not knowing what to say to each other, but I couldn't have been more wrong. In fact, everyone couldn't wait to share more about their character! And the food was absolutely incredible. The best word I can use to describe the meals is "rich". Also, I wanted to make this weekend more personable by making birthday cupcakes for everyone, Mrs. Dunn was happy to oblige. She presented them on beautiful plates and even added some ice cream, too. Everyone (meaning my husband's brother and sisters and their wives/husbands) will be talking about this for years. Thank you very much, Mrs. and Mr. Dunn. We will be making arrangements to come back this September.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AndreaMcNeely
LakeKing, Owner at Franklin Victorian Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to write this wonderful review of your stay with us during the Murder Msytery weekend. It was like you said ALOT of fun and it was great being your hostess for the weekend. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 25, 2011

The Franklin Victorian B&B is a wonderfully romantic B&B. We loved the robe & slippers, chocolate candies, luxurious linens, fireplace and the table for two in the room..we wished we had stayed longer....we will definitely return next year. The breakfast was terrific!! Loved the chocolate chip cookies!

Room Tip: We stayed in the master suite, it was wonderful!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Toni R
Reviewed July 27, 2011

A warm welcoming from Jennifer. Beautiful home. Rooms are comfy and wonderful. Cookies, drinks and sweet treats are always available and popcorn at night. Breakfast was delicious. It is the little things that count and Jennifer had it all. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mamayoder
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We've stayed at many B&B's over the last few years and this one is nice in many ways, but still lacks friendlyness.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TLD2006
LakeKing, Guest Relations Manager at Franklin Victorian Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2011

TLD, Our attention to costumer service is outstanding. Everything our guests need we provide or Jennifer personality makes it happen if informed. We want to provide guests privacy so you can relax enjoy your stay and your time with eachother. Thank you for your review and your time.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

My husband and I stay here yearly and have for years. The Dunn family welcome all and make you feel like family....maybe even better. The Inn is beautiful with gorgeous rooms, lovely gardens, many amenities, fabulous breakfasts and on and on....too many goodies to mention. The area offers bike trails, a variety of eating places and shops within walking distance and much more. Please add this area to your Wisconsin experience. George and Carol

Room Tip: Check their site for pics and descriptions.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends