“Beautiful Waterfalls and you can swim”

Amnicon Falls State Park
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stopped on a hot day and viewed the falls. Then we went swimming in the falls to cool off and enjoyed the fresh cool water. A great place to take some family photos. Bring water shoes if you go swimming.

3  Thank Todd H

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I hesitate to tell you about this. One of the reasons I love this park is because it is rarely crowded. There are half a dozen waterfalls, the water brown from the tanins leaching out of leaves covering the forests around the Amnicon River. The river splits in two, running around this "island" and meeting again at the north end of the island before finishing its trip to Lake Superior. There is a camp ground, volleyball pits, picnic tables, BBQ pits. In the summer, the kids can play in the water below the main falls. You will need a state park pass (a great deal) to park your car in the parking lot.

2  Thank Amjay56
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I've been to Amnicon Falls State Park numerous times and it never gets old. The bridge has a history of it's own (it wasn't orginally built on-site). The short hike around the falls area is invigorating.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

plan to spend the day and bring your camera! It has something for everyone. This was the second time I have been and it has one of my favorite waterfalls in WI.

1  Thank Deniseyvon
Reviewed July 4, 2012

While traveling from Bayfiel, WI to Duluth, MN we stopped here because we had heard about all of the falls you can see in the park. Well we got a $5.00 pass for an hour, and my girlfriend and I were able to get out and check out the many falls and still had extra time. Stop through to check this place out! We loved it! We are not park lovers so we would probably not go back again, but it was a great place! We took MANY great pictures!