“Apple River tubing in Wisconsin”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
River's Edge Apple River Campground
Ranked #3 of 8 things to do in Somerset
More attraction details
Owner description: River’s Edge Apple River Campground in Somerset, Wisconsin makes your summer one to remember forever. Experience first hand the #1 destination on the nationally renowned Apple River. River’s Edge has been around since the 1960’s and has since been the best and longest standing tubing location in WI. River’s Edge Apple River fun includes:o Tubing the Apple Rivero Camping on the beautiful Apple River o Major Outdoor Apple River Concertso Waterslideso Mini-Golfo Swimming Poolo Game Roomo Live Entertainmento Fine Dining and MUCH more!We can’t wait to have you, so please browse through our website to make camping reservations, print coupons, get directions, and learn more about us and Apple River Tubing! Reservations can be made online, or over the phone.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Gosh what a fun place to play and camp. As soon as we got there we got our suits on and headed to the river for tubing....the water was cool at first but we adjusted quickly. And by the time the rest of our camping buddies arrived we were able to tube again down the Apple River. We had a blast floating along for about 2 hours each time for a total of 4 trips over the weekend. This year the water was deeper and more rapid so the rapids at the end were reallllllllly fun !!! Interaction on the river and in the campground was friendly. We got a free ice cream cone at the end of the 1st tubing ride. We took a few rides down their waterslides, went to karaoke, had a campfire and my son fitted his truck bed with a swimming pool full of water so we had splash fun with a couple of rides around the campground and met a lot of people who hopped in. Our 5th wheel was backed up to the 4-lane highway, but we were so tired that we did not hear a thing once we bunked.

1  Thank nanceb1439

Reviewed September 26, 2012

booked their cabin and was told I had to pay in advance ( not a problem) but when I called to confirm my reservation to make sure everything was good to go, i left 2 messages and never got a call back. It gets better...my friend called to reserve his site/tube and was told that there was no reservation under my last name and that they had booked the cabin already, even though I had already paid for it, and the money was taken out of my account...was told I would the get 5 free camp and tube passes...when we arrived they charged everyone. Then met with one of the managers, who seemed very helpful and told me he would refund the money (sounds good, OK)...still waiting after giving him my CC number 3 times over the next month...as of today more than 1.5 months later, still no refund...horrible horrible service, campsite is OK at best, and they charge for beer deposit ( not the tube, the actual beer or pop you bring on the river)....word to the wise...don't pay in advance and look for another campsite in the area...there are some good ones

4  Thank bvarian24
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Just want the public to know, especially women, that there is sexual harassment that goes on while tubing. Be aware of teenage/college age males with plastic beads who approach & think that they are at Mardi Gras wanting to give you beads in return that you take your top off. Security is needed. There is no one to go to if you have a problem. 1st & last time I do this again. Very disappointed.

10  Thank tinkerb777
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The tubing: The river is a little dirty, and shallow. The "Rapids" are not much. But if you like to sit in the sun - this is a great place to do it. Just be sure to go on a weekday to avoid the drunken, mardigras-like parties.

River's Edge: Good. Fair pricing, great service. You leave your keys with them while you tube and they have someone overseeing the parking lot. The trip is about 2 1/2 hours, and they're pretty prompt at picking you up at the end of the trip.

2  Thank Amy A
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I live within 1 mile. The campgrounds are nice and the tubing is fun. I suggest that if you tube with a family, go during the week. Weekends are usually for the younger crowd escaping the city.

8  Thank Jackie J