Tripadvisor
Gagar
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews ginger tea breathtaking views home stay welcoming nature local style short weekend care taker highly recommended place home away from home perfect weekend food cooked living area felt like home home cooked view from the balcony enjoyed our stay two nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The scenic beauty of the hotel is one of a kind. We were immensely impressed with the hospitality of the hotel manager. The food was one of a kind. Overall it was an impressive experience. Would love to come back if I ever get a chance.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

We booked The White Peak for 2 nights in October end and we enjoyed our stay here especially the early morning treks around the property and the fireplace in the evening with the hot Ginger Tea. Really liked the food and the hospitality of the caretaker Mohanji. This is a well maintained property with the amazing views. Highly recommend for a perfect getaway.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

We visited The White peak during the end of November and thoroughly enjoyed staying in the middle of nature at the cottage.The rooms are very spacious, clean and well maintained.I was looking for some offbeat experience and perfact location in Himalayas and that was when I got to know about this homestay . I went there with my family and had an experience like never before. Amazing location with breathtaking views, heartwarming hospitality from the staff, and Manoj food made our stay very memorable.. .
Really special, such a beautiful place!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
The W, Manager at The White Peaks, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Dear Rohit,

It was wonderful to have you stay with us during your recent visit and thank you taking out the time to post your valuable review on TripAdvisor.

We are glad that you have had a comfortable stay with us and that we were able to serve you well. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation.

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 13, 2019

If you want to experience the quiet magic of the Himalayas, White Peaks is the place. You brush past bursting hedges of yellow Jasmine to enter the hilltop cottage and find yourself on an elongated red-bordered white balcony. The view takes your breath away. The expansive slopes of the mountains covered in Silver Oaks rise up to a cerulean blue sky crowned with the enormous silver-snowy range of Panchachuli. The sun reflects off the succulents and the Hydrangeas while you stand – transfixed.

I was there at the end of November. It was the perfect finale to my long and hectic India trip. I smelled the crisp air, drank the house special ginger tea, heard strains of music floating up the valley, hugged Kali the resident dog and thought – This must be Paradise.

The beautiful and spacious cottage is tastefully furnished. The interior reflects warmth; delicate objet d’art and stacked bookshelves make it doubly attractive. Crackling logs in a stone bricolage fireplace turns the living room golden in the evenings. Kali will keep you company. Her gentle amber eyes and utterly serene disposition will win you over.

The White Peaks is at Gagar, Uttarakhand, a 50-minute drive from Nainital. A pristine Himalayan abode within the lush forests of Kumaon, it has two spacious bedrooms and a large living. The staff is super friendly and attentive. Mohan, the chef, whips up fantastic food that is locally sourced and organic. I gorged on Aromatic and hearty soups and out-of-this-world alu parathas.

The cottage is earth-friendly, well managed with excellent amenities. For outdoors, there are trails to walk amidst the glistening woods. I had fun visiting a nursery in Kainchi Dham. A world of succulents and blooming Poinsettias nestled against a cliff. Nainital is a quick trip as well.

Thank you, Aparupa and Abhijit for your passion and endeavor!

Date of stay: November 2019

Dear Sree,

Thank you for sharing this lovely feedback. We are glad you liked the stay and we were able to meet your expectations :)

Looking forward to hosting you again.

Thanks and Regard

Reviewed November 12, 2019

A quaint little cottage which has a very warm and welcoming vibe. Place is apt for two families or a small group of friends who want to enjoy some quite time and chill in the hills. I loved the food cooked and it definitely had the pahadi local flavours which I craved for. We managed to buy mutton on our way and the staff cooked amazing mutton curry...we just couldnt stop eating. Service was impeccable and I would definitely vouch for the staff. I would give this home stay full marks for hospitality and service. I was also impressed by how quickly the staff use to light up the fireplace and it was so well built and maintained. Last but not the least...the Himalayan view from the balcony...enjoy the view with the amazing a ginger tea they make...
Thanks again for the great time we had and the notebook we got on our way out!! Loved it...

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Bhawna,

We are delighted you had wonderful experince with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again at The White Peaks.

Kind Regards