“Thank Heaven for the Waterfront”

Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Lake in the Hills, Illinois
“Thank Heaven for the Waterfront”
Reviewed December 13, 2010

My husband has decided Door County is our retirement destination -- thank heavens for the Waterfront -- because I will never want for fine dining -- the service, the atmosphere and most of all the wonderful food is the finest we have ever had -- from the French Laundry to Charlie Trotters -- the WATERFRONT is top on our list

2 Thank kathykola

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A little heavy on the vinaigrette”
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Spectacular Views overlooking the Lake! We watched the last sunset of the year. Breathtaking and Romantic!
The restaurant opens at 5 and we didn't need a reservation due to it being the off- peak season.
Food- The menu oversold the quality of food. I ordered stuffed meatloaf and all I could taste was vinaigrette. However, my husband ordered the Munkfish and he said it was delicious.
Service- Absolutely amazing! The waitstaff was very accommodating and informative.
Cost- A little on the pricey side. A bit pretentious.
Overall- I would go there again, perhaps during the high peak season to enjoy the sunset again

Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Gorgeous!”
Reviewed September 24, 2010

What a beautiful restaurant over looking the bay of Green Bay and a marina. The entry to the establishment is striking with painted cement floor and a granite bar. Large martini's and many choices of wine by the glass or bottle. The portions are on the small side, but I have never left hungry. My husband and I have been here many times and have not had a bad meal. The Ahi Tuna is exceptional along with other fresh fish selections. Scallops are very good, as well. It is a romantic place with unbelievable sunset views. Highly recommend.

Downers Grove, Illinois
“Our best dinner in Door County.”
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Waterfront was recommended to us by the wait staff at Mission Grille, and they were dead-on! This place was just everything in fine dining. It does not look like much from the street (and can easily be missed as it is tucked right up to a marina). But once inside, the view is stunning. Full length windows line the front wall, giving all diners a terrific view of the bay.
The staff was mature and keyed into what diners' were looking for. Our waiter (Greg) was superb. Very knowledgable about the food and wine, and had great timing in terms of spacing out our dining experience.
The menu is creative wih lots of interesting flavors and complexities. I had a goat cheese/lemon risotto which was just terrific. My husband had rack of lamb cooked to perfection with the best roasted potatoes we have ever had. The wine selection was great and very reasonably priced.
We enoyed the food, the service, and our entire evening at Waterfront. A 'don't miss' if you are into fine dining!

Minneapolis
“Simply Outstanding!”
Reviewed August 18, 2010

The Waterfront restaurant is one of the top in Door County in my opinion. The food is head and tails above others around it. My girlfriend and I eat there on our anniversary. The hostess was great. We called ahead and told her that it was our anniversary and she sat us at best table in the house with a great view of the sunset.

The food was really top shelf. We started off sharing the Crispy Calamari, fresh, bright and with a nice salt finish. We also shared the Beet & Brussels salad. Again a nice combination of strong Point Reyes blue with the contrast of shallot pistachio vinaigrette. My girlfriend had a lemon, thyme and goat cheese risotto which was OUTSTANDING. I had the rack of lamb with curried potatoes. The lamb was good but a step away from being great. We finished off with the Meyer Lemon Poppy seed & Honey Tarragon Rhubarb tart. This was a nice light finish to such a rich/heavy meal. My girlfriend also has a nice glass of Riesling however I forget the name.

Over all this was a great experience! I would say it’s about par for on cost for a nice dinner and a glass of wine. It does get a bit loud in the dinning room so be warned. We were so impressed with our experience we left another restaurant, the next night, to head back to the Waterfront for dessert.

GREAT DINNING EXPERIENCE…FRESH, CLASSY, & DELICIOUS ……PLEASE KEEPS IT UP!