“One of the best... ever!”

Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Sister Bay, Wisconsin
“One of the best... ever!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

First time we ate here was right after a trip to France. I looked at my wife and said, "This is the best plate I've had all year!" In a word: Stunning! From atmosphere, wine list, menu this is a great experience. We've been many times and will go many more. Yes, get the sunset window seat (or eat on the deck) because this is the best marine restaurant view in Door County. Apps and wine at the bar are a great romantic, classy experience too.
I hope the owners continue to keep the quality way up there and not succumb to huge portions-take-home-box scenario everyone else seems to do. One of the qualities we truly respected on our first visit was the presentation of a beautifully prepared plate with a realistic portion.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Dan651

Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful Dining Hidden In Door County !!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

One of our newest "annual traditions" while up in Door County is to always plan an evening around the Waterfront Restaurant. The views of the water from the dining room are hard to beat, and the decor of the restaurant says fine dining--but not in a stuffy way. A wonderful wine list, and cocktails from the bar never hurt when enjoying your hard earned time off !!.I highly recommend going on an evening that they are offering the pasta tasting night. We have sampled everything offered over the years, but I highly recommend the Bolognese Pappardelle, the Truffle Pappardelle, and the Risotto. Do not make the mistake of thinking that this is a tasting menu and the portions are small. I promise you that you will not leave the table hungry. I am a big fan of experiencing the casual bar type dining that this area has to offer, but if you are looking to include a "fine dining" night during your visit trust me ----try the Waterfront.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Terrance M
“Great meal, great staff”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

We had such a great time at Waterfront. The food was delicious and the staff so nice! Our waitress Phuong was lovely, spoke excellent English, and gave us some great tips about what to do in town. I recommend the beef burger but the entrees were also great. Will definitely be going back

2 Thank Susannah S
Tampa, Florida
“A true gem!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Happened upon this by chance and we were very pleasantly surprised. The food and presentation were exceptional; the service was well done, the view was dynamite and the wine list well balanced. The menu changes and offers some unusual combinations nicely presented. We were looking for fresh local fish and weren't disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank ElizabethgoestoWA
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Looking Forward to Our Next Visit”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

What a wonderful restaurant! The decor is understated but welcoming, and our server, one of the best who we have ever encountered, anywhere. He was professional, friendly, but not intrusive.

We had hoped for a nice sunset, but the food more than made up for the cloudy evening. The night was great, from the appetizers and wine selection through the main course. My rack of lamb was 5 ribs, and perfectly cooked.

It was a special night, and won't be saved for special occasions but enjoyed more often! my husband and I look forward to our next visit.

Waterfront is the perfect location for a romantic evening for two, or a group of more friends who enjoy very upscale dining.

• Visited September 2013