“change of menu...no dinner for us”

Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 37 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“change of menu...no dinner for us”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

one star for the view...can't comment on the food as my girlfriends and I walked out...we had looked at the sample menu online ( i realize it's a sample menu)..when we were seated at the restaurant and looked at the menu we realized it was completely changed...no osso buco..no beet salad...no pork or chicken...not even a pasta dish. ...it was all beef and seafood..my girlfriend doesn't eat beef or seafood...we asked the waiter about the menu and he said he had several complaints that night about the menu change. we asked if he could ask the cook to make a chicken dish for her and he said they couldn't do that....so we walked out! Be sure to call ahead and ask about the menu so you won't be disappointed.

2 Thank kim j

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Beautiful sunset!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We got a table next to the window and were able to watch the sunset. The food was quite good but the service was a bit slow. We didn't care because we weren't in a hurry. We were a little disappointed that there wasn't more local food. Some cherry dessert would have been nice being Door County and all...

2 Thank Linda H
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Excellant Seafood”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Went here for something special on our 40th Anniversary.
We had a nice table on the water, but due to the weather we missed the talked about sunset. Still very nice atmosphere.
I had the Ahi Tuna which was delicious. My husband had Swordfish which he loved. It was beautifully presented, but a bit pricey since the salad was ala carte.
Still we would go again and would recommend it in Sister Bay for wonderful seafood.

2 Thank Maureen G
Arlington Heights, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Fine Dining Restaurant in Sister Bay, WI”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

If you like fine dining in a beautiful setting with a spectacular view, the Waterfront Restaurant is a must do in Sister Bay, Door County, WI.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank SailorMike29277
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Excellent Food!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I dined at The Waterfront in Sister Bay based on a recommendation from a good friend. We each had a steak that was wonderfully flavorful and tender. Absolutely amazing! The steak was supposed to be paired with a bleu cheese potato salad but we each opted to substitute that for something else since we aren't big fans for bleu cheese. I don't want to knock them (in terms of how I rate them) for the fact that we chose another side or the fact that the only alternative was french fries but it was a slight bummer. The bread that was served before dinner was phenomenal. The flourless chocolate cake dessert we took back to our room was amazing!

My husband also loved his chocolate martini. :)

A wonderful dining experience. I would LOVE to comment on a beautiful sunset; however, we did not dine 'til after dark. I'm sure it was amazing from there.

Also, our waitress was great--very pleasant and friendly. I believe her name was Pam.

I would dine here again in a heartbeat.

• Visited September 2013