“Best Dinner Ever!”

Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Lawrence, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Dinner Ever!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I ate at Waterfront last week while vacationing in Door County. We have both worked at high end seafood restaurants and like to consider ourselves as foodies. Usually if it's a special night we cook at home to make sure it's a good experience but luckily we decided to try this place. We started off with martinis and sat outside while watching the sunset it was very calming and romantic. Our dinner was phenomenal, the wait staff was exceptional not overbearing but always there when you needed them. We started off with scallops that were seared perfectly and juicy tender on the inside Moved onto a salad, grilled lettuce of the day over fried goat cheese which was amazing. I had shrimp and grits (biggest shrimp I have ever seen the size of small lobster tails) and my husband had the seared tuna. Even though we were stuffed but knew we had to at least try a dessert and it was the perfect ending! I can't wait to go back and highly recommend it to everyone I know.

• Visited August 2013

Abingdon, United Kingdom
“Fine Dining at its best.....”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We found Waterfront to be just as the reviews say, excellent all round fine dining in Door County, not to be missed but do book a window table to view the magnificent sunsets. We were lucky to get one and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The menu is interesting and the food beautifully prepared with the best quality ingredients. The service is efficient if not a little distant but still an all round great experience.

• Visited August 2013
Racine
“Keeps Us Coming Back!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We didn't need an occasion to dine here but happened to have one this time around. " Waterfront" is simply the best fine dinning restaurant in Door County and not to be missed! It is always included in our trip and as it's a popular restaurant, we always make a reservation and request seating with a view. They did ask us if we were celebrating a special occasion which we just happened to be at that time so perhaps it may have influenced our seating arrangement, however, windows surround most of the dining area with the lake view! I will say though that it's the food which keeps us coming back! The menu has interesting dishes to try and puts a spin on the basics too. I'm a Northern lady who never had Shrimp & Grits until now...oh my God, this dish was incredible! It consisted of White Cheddar Grits, Giardinara, Ham Hock Creole Sauce, Shrimp butter Cake. My husband devoured his PEI Mussels, saffron Shellfish Fume Broth, House Italian Sausage Tortoloni! We split the Sticky Toffee Pudding (a moist cake-like dessert with ice-cream) which we didn't need....but I had to have!!! Ladies you know what I'm talking about! Our experience with this restaurant has always been with met with utmost satisfaction!

1 Thank panielsen
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“The Best in Door County”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Door County is filled with great places to eat, but of the four fine dining restaurants in the county the best is the Waterfront. We've been eating at Johnson restaurants since 1970. Their venture into gourmet cuisine in a business casual environment is the pinical of eir efforts. Food, service and ambience are superb. It's by far our favorite place.

2 Thank WiTraveler17
Madison, Wisconsin
“Saturday night and I ain't going here”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

If you go on a Saturday night you will be competing with a hundred other people trying to have a conversation.Admittedly our table was horrible and we could not switch. My steak was very good but my partner's perch was mediocre. I suggest you try it on a quiet night. Would have to try more dishes to make an evaluation. Overall not a wow experience. The view is the wow factor here, so perhaps try the bar first and then decide if you want to partake later.

1 Thank worldtraveler77_12