“Fabulous!”

Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We dined at the Waterfront on our last evening in Door County. What a gorgeous place! The food wine and atmosphere was wonderful. I loved the bar, (until a T.V. was turned on) I did think it was odd that they let people eat at the bar, especially for such a classy place! Our server was a bit snotty, but I guess that's what you get for their prices? LOL All in all we absolutely loved the place and will make sure we dine there again if ever in Sister Bay.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Though we have vacationed in Door County for the last 10 years, my sister and I just "accidentally" discovered The Waterfront restaurant last year and were impressed and delighted. We made reservations this year and it is one of the places we looked most forward to returning to! We found the same excellent service, beautiful sunset view and delicious food again this year. We had tasty and original salads, and split our main entree, due to the generous portions, and still had a hard time finsihing all our meal! We have added The Waterfront to our own list of personal favorites and we think you will too!

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Beautiful restaurant. Romantic atmosphere. The hostess was gracious, the bartender knowledgeable. A fabulous menu. The food was spectacular. Unfortunately our server forgot about us. It was an almost perfect experience.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

I was fortunate enough to attend a rehearsal dinner at the Waterfront on Friday, September 30th. This was just hours after an epic wind storm hit Door County. Despite the best efforts of the employees at the resort where we were staying, power had yet to be restored. We arrived at the Waterfront chilly and hungry. Walking into the Waterfront, one would never have guessed there had even been a storm. We were greeted warmly and had a drink at the bar while we were waiting for the entire party to arrive. My martini was outstanding. When we were seated for dinner, I spoke with the server about my daughter's food allergies. He was very accommodating and kind -- even going to the extreme of providing vanilla ice cream for dessert because he was wanted to be absolutely certain that she did not react to anything. My husband and I both had a fillet that was amazing. It was served with gnocchi, which was creative and delicious -- perfectly prepared! For dessert, my husband had a chocolate truffle cake and I had the lemon goat cheese tart -- a perfect combination. It was almost like ordering the cheese tray and chocolate. With red wine, it was exquisite. I cannot begin to express my gratitude to the staff of the Waterfront for their perseverance and attention to detail. On what could not have been an easy day or evening, they made our friends' rehearsal dinner an evening that we will remember fondly. Thank you! P.S. The sunset was gorgeous!

Reviewed September 25, 2011

The ahi tuna was the best I've ever had and a very generous portion. Hubby really enjoyed his swordfish too. We had a wonderful evening, and since we're used to Chicago prices, thought the dinner was a good & fair value. The only reason I left off a star is that our server also had a large group & we got impatient waiting for our after-dinner drinks. However we definitely recommend this restaurant and will return.