We checked in late in the evening about August 12, 2012. I believe we were in room 301. It was in building #3, lower level. DO NOT SLEEP IN THAT ROOM! The minute we opened the door it smelled terribly of MOLD. Everything had a terrible smell. Even my 5 and 3 year-old girls didn't want to stay there. It was late at night though and I knew my husband wasn't going to figure anything else out that night, so we had to tough it out and stay over one night. I think I stayed awake almost the entire night praying for a way out of this moldy situation. The Inn does not give refunds. The next day I went to the front desk to explain the situation and ask if there was anything they would be able to do. The woman I talked to was WONDERFUL!! She apologized and told us there was another room available, but it was an upgrade to a room with a loft that overlooks the living room!!!! However, as soon as I was about to ask about the price, she must have seen that coming because she said, "You can stay there for the same price." I could have hugged her!!! We were able to stay in the same building, but just moved everything upstairs to room 306 (I think or 307, not sure now). Anyway, it was outstanding!! No mold or musty smell. It was really a condo. We absolutely loved it and asked if we could stay there for the remainder of our trip - 4 more nights!! We were able to do that (at the same price!!!!). We would certainly come back again. We'll have to pay full price next time though if we want that beautiful room again - bummer :( Anyway, the location of the inn was quiet and very near everything in Door County. I highly recommend staying in Sister Bay as a central location for site seeing in Door County. The room we stayed in at the inn had all the amenities you would expect including a full kitchen with dish washer, oven, full-sized frig., high speed internet (that was not very reliable though. It was in and out.). Nevertheless, Just don't rent a lower level room and you will be happy. I didn't give 5 stars just because of the first night in a moldy room. After the room change - FABULOUS!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect place to relax and unwind or get out and enjoy the Door County Peninsula. One and two bedroom suites with full kitchens and living and dining areas. Private covered decks with a wooded view. Outdoor heated pool, picnic area, new playground and bonfire pit. Great location between Sister Bay and Ephraim, Wisconsin. Located on the picturesque Door County Peninsula. On a biking/walking trail to Sister Bay shops and restaurants. Near popular attractions like Peninsula Players, American Folklore Theatre, Sister Bay Marina & Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Orbitz so you can book your The Inn at Little Sister Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Little Sister Hill Hotel Sister Bay
- The Inn At Little Sister Hill Sister Bay, Door County, WI