“Bread, cheeses and pizza”
Review of Door County Bakery

Door County Bakery
Ranked #5 of 15 Shopping in Sister Bay
Reviewed July 9, 2012

WE got cupcakes for a birthday celebration, but would definitely return for the freshest bread, sold by the pound, and diverse cheese selections.

1  Thank Jennifer N
in 2 reviews
"cheese"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We loved the corsica bread. Very delish. Another review said the staff was a bit odd and I agree with that! It kind of gave the creeps and I'm not sure I would go back because of it. But the feeling I got was that they were aware of some of the dicey reviews online and were trying to make more of an effort. I would say they were semi-successful. Changing the type of bread used in a sandwich was a major decision involving 3 people. But the food itself was really good.

1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We go to Door County once a year and we do not leave without a stop to Door County Bakery. Love the peanut butter cookies and the breads. It is nice to get a cup of coffee and pastry to sit on the back patio.

1  Thank Brenda S
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We had a great afternoon piece of pie and coffee here. Little old bakery and deli with wonderful artisan breads.

1  Thank DSinBG
See more reviews
Reviewed June 18, 2012

On a recent rainy day after a bike ride in Newport the owners were here late in the afternoon and took care of my request for some of their terrific Tuscan tomato soup even though the kitchen was closed. Very nice. We always anticipate more selection of baked goods here (cookies, cakes, pies and the like-there really aren't any-not your typical sweets bakery) but there are usually 4-5 types of breads available. Great place to eat lunch, have a sandwich or soup. They have a shop with some specialty foods. Off season the hours are funky and not always true to schedule I think and some of the staff is a bit odd but it makes a nice stop if you're in the area any season.

2  Thank jgdcil