“Great food in a great building!”
Review of Mission Grille - CLOSED

Mission Grille
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Casual upscale comfortable dining in a remodeled 100 year old church building. Many seating areas include, covered porch, outdoor garden patio, cozy booths, bar, loft. We accommodate large parties, family reunions with private dining areas. All food is made from scratch in our kitchen using the best ingredients. Menu includes ample selection of appetizers/small plates, entrees are varied in price and type, dinner salads may be ordered small or large portion, homemade desserts. Reservations for larger parties are recommended.
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We ate dinner at Mission Grille in September on a week long trip to Door County. The place caught our attention before we even got there as it is housed in an old church. They are known for their wine list, and I believe have won awards for such. We were not disappointed.
I had a filet cooked to perfection with wonderully interesting side dishes. My husband had a seafood/pasta dish that he said was terrific. But the most fun is that they have wine specials each evening in addition to menu specials. One of the whites on special was a variety my husband loves and is hard to find. For 8$ a glass he had a wonderful taste of one of his favorites!
The wait staff was terrific but could have been a bit more informed about their food and wine. When we asked where else to dine in Door County, our waiter brought us another staff person who he felt was more knowledgable, which we appreciated. Her suggestions were terrific (see other reviews!).
The atmosphere was quite romantic in the back, where we sat. The seats are benches made from old pews, very quaint and very private. There is a more open front porch-like area, and a side garden that would be beautiful in warmer weather.

There are newer reviews for Mission Grille

Reviewed September 1, 2010

We needed to locate a restaurant in the Fish Creek/Sister Bay area that could handle 50 guests and meet all of our standards. We started months in advance, and after talking with numerous individuals and visiting several restaurants, Mission Grille was our choice, and we could not have been more pleased. The assistance we received in planning our evening was excellent, the wait staff the night of the party was friendly and efficient and the food was outstanding. The appetizers drew rave reviews, and the prime rib was cooked to perfection. My husband was insistent on a restaurant that had an extensive wine list and the Mission Grille, again, exceeded our expectations. Everything was perfect - we could not have asked for more. Marcia

Reviewed August 30, 2010

We really enjoyed our dinner at the Mission Grille. The food and wine was great with a terrific selection to choose from. The service was very good. The staff recognized us as we have been there several times this summer. The atmosphere was charming with the unique church interior.

Reviewed August 19, 2010

This is my favorite "date night" restaurant in Door County. This is a "fine dining" type of restaurant, but it does not feel old-fashioned or stuffy. It's modern, even though it's set in what used to be a Catholic church, and the food is creative and somewhat trendy. There is a very good wine list. The atmosphere is warm and romantic; you can dine indoors or on the patio or screened porch.

As lovely as the surroundings are, the food is the real draw. I've never had a bad meal here, nor poor service. The servers are all well-trained and professional, yet friendly. The salad with sliced pears and goat cheese is one of my favorite starters. Steaks, seafood and chicken are all very good, and there are options for vegetarians. The menu offerings don't fit into one category; there is a fair number of Italian dishes on the menu, but there are also other types of food. I think there's something for everyone. This isn't a cheap place to eat, though; entrees range from $18-$30 or so. Desserts are wonderful; one of my favorites is the creme brulee with fresh berries.

Mission Grille is a lovely experience for a romantic date night, couples night or for a group of friends. It's not a place to bring kids. You don't have to dress up to come here, but I'd wear something "casually dressy," if that makes any sense. You could wear jeans here, but I would not show up looking scruffy or wearing jeans shorts or a tank top.

Reviewed August 13, 2010

We just went into this restaurant at 9:30 p.m. on a Sunday night since it was one of the very few that was open.I am a vegetarian and there are not many restaurants that offer so many veggie options as this one does. I was delighted to see a whole veg menu. Hubby being a Italian cuisine fan was delighted too. The bruschetta was really tasty and so was the ravioli starter. The entrees were equally tasty. Truly the best crem bur le I ve eaten. A must visit in Wisconsin. And it is not very expensive too. The bill for 4 people was about $100 with drinks.