“Best Fish Fry in Door County”
Review of Sister Bay Bowl

Sister Bay Bowl
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: The Sister Bay Bowl is a family-owned, family-friendly landmark offering great food, friendly service, ample portions, full bar and just happens to have a six lane bowling alley. "Da Bowl" is located on the hill in heart of Sister Bay.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a very popular place to eat especially on the weekends in the Summer. The fish is delicious. They do not take reservations so go early. Open all year long and less busy during other seasons.

1  Thank 92Sara

Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Food was good. Waitress was very good. 5 people each ordered old fashioneds , but each one a little different. She got it perfectly!

1  Thank chrise343
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Who would know a bowling alley would have such great food. Their Friday fish/perch fry is the best in the Door. They have excellent food in addition to their Friday fish fry. The Thursday night special is liver, bacon and onions. Again, for those so inclined, the liver is tender cooked in the bacon drippings with the onions sweated to a soft texture to release their sugar. Great steaks as well with all menu items moderately priced. They do not accept reservations so Friday nights can involve a wait. Have added outdoor bar space and service as well as a veranda set with tables and chairs. A great experience.

1  Thank paul s
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have been visiting Door County for over 30 years and we have been eating dinner at the Bowling Alley for just as long.

In all those years we have never had a bad meal. This is old school Door County. Just down right delicious. My husband ALWAYS orders the ribs and LOVES them! I prefer their blackened whitefish (with onions). I understand that their perch dinners are the best to be had, but we never stray from our favorites. If we are there on prime rib night, then that is the meal to get!

When visiting DC, you have to include the Sister Bay Bowling Alley as a place to eat!

1  Thank Bordenbunch
Reviewed October 13, 2012

A friend from work recommended this place and although the name kind of took me back (literally;) we were SOOO happy we chose to eat here! We both had the lightly battered fried lake perch dinner. It came with fries and a soup or salad and let me tell you, the portions were HUGE!! I counted SIX fillets that I could see but there were another four underneath. I'm a healthy light eater and I ate EVER last one AND two of my wife's!! They serve this seven days a week so you dont have to come only on Friday.

1  Thank Northwoodsmoose