“After Beach Treat!”

Door County Creamery
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Description: Farmstead Cheesery and Eatery. We make cheese and gelato right here from our farms milk at the store where you are able to sample and watch. Artisan Sandwiches, Cheeses, Meats, Beer, Cheese & Wine Pairings. Come pet our baby goats and spend the afternoon on our sunny patio.
Madison, Wisconsin
“After Beach Treat!”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We stopped in after the beach for a treat, the gelato is great! We stopped just before closing and the owner was wonderful and friendly.

“A happy suprise”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

This is a wonderful artisan cheese shop right in the heart of door county. They specialize in fresh goat's milk cheese that they bring in from their own dairy goat farm right up the road. Note to all you lactose intolerant travellers, goats milk products will probably agree with you! My husband and oldest daughter are both lactose intolerant and were able to enjoy their products without feeling sick

.I had read about this place in Door County Magazine and put it on my "Must try" list. The funny thing is, we found accidentily the morning we went to Al Johnson's. The wait was 2 hours, so we put our names down and decided to explore the shops. We were really hungry during our wait so we decided to stop for a "snack" at the creamery since it was right there and we had a long wait. It was the best spur of the moment visit ever! I can't remember exactly the names of the sandwiches we tried but one was a cheese curd sandwich with sometime of spread. "Best grilled cheese ever" said by my adult kids! My husband and I also shared a flat bread style sandwich with arugila,procuito,and I think it had a garlic aioli, oh and the cheese curds. My 10 and 12 year olds enjoyed the kids flat bread, which was pretty much like a pizza. "Best pizza ever, mom" and they are very picky! My husband enjoyed it so much, he insisted we return the following day for lunch "on purpose" this time! We did and also enjoyed their goats milk gelato! Best gelato I ever had.

The store itself was very quaint and had a modern store front look mixed with old world style architecture which is very common in this area. Very historic in nature, loved it! The staff extremely friendly and informative about their products. Best of all they had free samples of their cheese spreads. They also have wine and cheese pairings and plates to sample, which we regretted not having the time to try ourselves. The prices are reasonable, and the products very enjoyable.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank whatever4andnomore
Lewisville, Texas
“Great restaurant and shop serving goat cheeses, wine, and goat milk gelato”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

This is a unique place serving (as much as possible) exclusively goat milk products. The have a beautiful sitting area, out door seating, and two goats in a pen near the sidewalk. They even have goat milk gelato. They offered a very large selection of goat milk-derived cheeses, made on the premises. The cheeses we tried were delicious and we would certainly go back.

Wisconsin
“Great sandwiches and gelato”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I had heard about The Creamery on Wisconsin Public Radio and was eager to visit it after reading positive reviews on tripadvisor. The staff was very helpful in explaining the various sandwiches. My husband and I shared a flatbread sandwich because we wanted to save room for the highly acclaimed gelato. The sandwich was so good that I wished that we had ordered two. The gelato was excellent; however, I had decided in advance on the recommended fig and roasted almond and was disappointed when they were out of that flavor. We shall return.

1 Thank VickiAnne_11
“Great place for ice cream and cheese”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We love coming here for the meat and cheese combo. They make some of the best cheese here. We get a plate with meats, cheese and olives and bread and sit outside or take it to go and have a picnic in scenic Door County. They have a nice selection of wines. We tried their ice cream and it was delicious. They even had 2 of their baby goats outside.

1 Thank Lovethissight