Being the city boy that I am, I had massive expectations for the #1 hotel on Trip Advisor in Sister Bay, WI. It was certainly not anything that I had been expecting, but once I adjusted my expectations to where I was, I realized how nice of a place this really is. Tucked away in Sister Bay, WI, right across from the golf course, and just up the road from Pirate's Cove mini-golf, was this hotel. The gentleman at the front desk when we checked in was very nice when he handed us our keys to the room so we could head off to dinner. We did not check out the pool/hot tub, but it looked like a pleasant place to relax. I REALLY liked the fact that a kids play area plus a yard/chairs in the back to hang out was available. If we had been staying in a group or for longer, I certainly would have made use of this - if you are looking for a true Wisconsin getaway, this is the type of place you are looking for.
The room itself was very spacious. It included a coffee maker, iron and ironing board, mini-fridge, and flat-screen tube TV. I was extremely unhappy with the TV due to my sensitive hearing (I can hear those ultra-high tones some old TVs emit), but was okay with it since it was just for the night. The bathroom was a little small, but the vanity area was quite nice. The king size bed was both spacious and comfortable. Being that we were in Door County during the summer, A/C nor heat were needed, and a simple window crack sufficed. It was all of the sounds of camping in the woods with the comfort of a king bed with sufficient pillows.
Overall, I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an authentic city getaway. If you like quiet and calm, this is the place for you. The walls were a bit thin so we heard our neighbors a few times, but it wasn't anything to complain about. The backyard was a great addition. I would bring my children here, if I had any to bring. If I ever stay in Sister Bay again, I would certainly consider this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodge is in a meadow on 6+acres at the Welcome to Sister Bay sign. Clean, friendly, well appointed, we offer fine accommodations at a reasonable cost, year round... Located minutes from beaches, state parks, biking, hiking, golf as well as the art, music and theater of Door County. Visit orchards, farm markets, wineries, or hang out at the pool or near the fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Open Hearth Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Open Hearth Hotel Sister Bay
- Open Hearth Lodge Sister Bay, Door County, WI