We were looking for an overnight stay in Sister Bay when we came across the positive reviews for Open Hearth Lodge and decided to try it. It was all of the things described and then some. I loved the friendliness of the owners and the extra touches, such as the hot cider in the lobby. The room was ave size, nicely decorated and furnished with a king bed, wing back chair, desk and chair, and refrig and microwave. The whirlpool tub In the bathroom was a nice surprise. Even though it was full the night we stayed it was quiet and restful. The continental breakfast was the usual fare but everything was fresh and tasty. Don't let the reasonable room prices fool you into thinking this is not a nice place to stay. It is a very good value. When going to Door County we have always stayed in Fish Creek and paid far more than we did here. I would definitely stay here again.
The only negative ion our stay is that is does not have an elevator. It was our fault that we did not ask for a room on the first floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodge is in a meadow on 6+acres at the Welcome to Sister Bay sign. Clean, friendly, well appointed, we offer fine accommodations at a reasonable cost, year round... Located minutes from beaches, state parks, biking, hiking, golf as well as the art, music and theater of Door County. Visit orchards, farm markets, wineries, or hang out at the pool or near the fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Open Hearth Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Open Hearth Hotel Sister Bay
- Open Hearth Lodge Sister Bay, Door County, WI