“Nice Little Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Village View Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sister Bay
Village View Inn
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Sister Bay
Crystal Lake IL
“Nice Little Place”
Reviewed July 14, 2010

Decided at the last minute to throw a bag together and head up to Door County. Pulled into the Village View late afternoon and ended up with the last room . . . #4. Very nice. Had a covered porch with table and chairs. Inside was a very clean room with two queen beds. Spacious, nice decor, carpeting and bathroom looked like it had been upgraded. TV was a little small but had enough stations on the cable. Woman who checked us in was courteous. Made some dining and drinking suggestions. Plan on coming up again soon with friends and staying at the Village View.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Trav_LN_now

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I stayed at the Village View on May 21, 2010 and I stayed in the motel part. The motel is part of a twelve room building that overlooks the parking lot, grounds and Main Street in Sister Bay. The rest of the resort area is behind the motel and it sits a little further back from the street.

The room itself was clean and larger than I expected. It had a double bed, a table and two chairs, a large dresser and a small refrigerator. The TV was a 19 inch, normal, non-fancy television, but who comes to Door County to watch TV? I was impressed with the large selection of cable channels available, there must have been over 60 of them.

The bathroom was functional, but it didn't have much counter space and the shower had low water pressure and it didn't get very hot.

I was impressed with the speed of the free wi-fi; I couldn't sleep the night I was there, and I was able to watch a TV show via hulu.com without any problems, the speedy connection kept up with it.

My only real issue with this hotel was the noise factor. The rooms aren't very well sound proofed (especially in the bathrooms) and I could hear my neighbor's television well into the night. Also, because it sits right on the main drag in Sister Bay, there is quite a bit of traffic noise and pedestrian noise, especially at bar time.

All in all, this hotel is a great value. The free, speedy wi-fi was great, the room was larger than expected and it was clean and it's in a central location. The staff was friendly and the price was right, since I paid $59 for my night there. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank alvernochick
Delafield, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 20, 2010

This establishment has friendly on-site owners. It is located in the heart of Sister Bay, a short walk to the local park on the Bay, restaurants and shops. The rooms are clean and nicely appointed. Great value for the area. The grounds have beautiful gardens and seating areas to relax.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JWHBAH
evansville,in
Reviewed July 23, 2009

after checking out most all of the motels web pages in door county we settle on the village view in sister bay. I was looking for a charming little place in the heart of all the shops and restaurants and village view seem to fit the bill. I loved the way it looked in its pictures. But sometimes that can be deceiving, not this time. I was very pleased on arriving. It was everything i had hoped for, very charming, very clean, the staff was very friendly. It was a very quaint little place. Marie

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank marieevansville
Wisconsin
Reviewed July 13, 2009

What a treasure this little motel is. There are 4 or 5 different buildings on site, each with a few rooms. We had a nice spot next to our building to enjoy the night time breeze - chairs were provided as well! Our host recommended the bowling alley for dinner and we were excited to find that the food and service were great. The motel rooms at Village View are newly remodeled and very clean. Coffee and rolls were served in the morning. We had a party of 4 and traveled by motorcycle. We would definitely stay here again.
Jodie & Trent Mueller

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
5 Thank JodieWisconsin
Genoa, IL
Reviewed July 8, 2009

We stayed here for the second year as we like the location and they are very nice units. A lot of places to sit outside and relax. I especially like that they don't have a lot of amenities that we don't need. We usually leave in the morning and don't return until evening. The units are very clean and the people are very helpful and friendly. I would recommend it to anyone. We have intentions of staying there again next year. We also visited with other guests who return there every year, which tells a lot about the motel. I would give it 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jud43
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 6, 2009

When inquiring about vacancies, the owner hung up on me, saying, "Whatever," when I had asked his name for the intent to call back at a later time to make reservations. Needless to say, I didn't call back at a later time and booked with a friendlier competetor. I've never been so disappointed with a business just from making a phone call.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
#7 of 17 in Sister Bay
The Landing Resort
The Landing Resort
#4 of 7 in Egg Harbor

Been to Village View Inn? Share your experiences!