“Perfect location, wonderful accomodations”
Review of Pheasant Park

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sister Bay
Pheasant Park
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Sister Bay
Chicago
“Perfect location, wonderful accomodations”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family loved staying here. We always look for places that have suites so this was right up our alley. The location was so great, within walking distance of all the shopping, eating, and the beach, but not right on the highway like so many other resorts. We also enjoyed both the indoor and outdoor pools. And so quiet, never heard a peep from any of the neighbors. We'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank octhoneymoon
Brian S, General Manager at Pheasant Park, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Octhoneymoon,
Thank you for your kind words! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our family of six stayed in one of the 2-bedroom suites. The room layout is great - with good size bedrooms and kitchen area. The two full baths are great. The outside pool was clean with a very comfortable temperature. Front desk personnel were cordial and friendly. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank fiveboysWisconsin
We're happy you enjoyed your stay! come back soon!
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was your first customer back when you first opened many years ago and I've always loved Pheasant Park. It's been a special place for my family over the years. My most recent stay was July 26-28. First, we were given the wrong room assignment. We had asked for a 3-bedroom and a 2-bedroom until for 6 people. We had the confirmation that said that's what we would get. Instead they gave us 2 two-bedroom units. Front desk staff were very rude and would not take responsibility for their error. Then, we had to wait hours for our room to be ready, even though it was supposed to be ready at 3 p.m. Unfortunately, in my room I found two bedbugs, one in the bathroom and one in the bed. When I brought this to the staff's attention, she would not acknowledge it, neither would the manager, who didn't even come out of his office to listen to my complaint and check my room. The front desk staff were also very rude when we were checking out at the end of our stay. They wouldn't even make eye contact with us.

Unfortunately, there are so many other places to stay in Door County, we won't be coming back to Pheasant Park again.

Room Tip: Always check your bed first for bedbugs before going to sleep.
6 Thank Marcia R
Amanda B, General Manager at Pheasant Park, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Marcia,
I want to first extend my deepest apologies to you on behalf of Pheasant Park Management for the way you had been treated during your last stay with us, by previous Management and Staff.
Since your last stay, there have been extreme changes in staff as well as Management.
The Front Desk Staff should have verified with you, when making your reservations, what room types you had booked to ensure you had the room type you needed. We have made many positive steps in retraining our staff in that regard.
The General Manager at that time should have definitely addressed the "bed bug" issue with you as soon as you had presented that to our staff. Again, for his lack of concern I apologize. We have since had our facility thoroughly inspected by an outside contractor, who had found no issues with bed bugs on our property.
I would very much love to have you return to stay with us again, so we can show you first hand that your last stay was a very unfortunate situation that would not be repeated again. Please ask for me directly and I would be more than happy to work something out with you for your next stay with us at Pheasant Park.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My fiancée, her 16-year old daughter and I sought lodging that would give us room to stretch out and was conveniently located for our 1-week vacation. After looking at lots of other options we chose Pheasant Park and, for the most part (more on this soon) it was a good choice. We selected a 2-bedroom suite (which also had 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen and our own porch) and ended up at the far west end of the resort. This turned out to be a good thing: closer to the center/east end puts you closer to the pool, but that also can be a noisier. Instead, we faced a field, trees and a few houses in the distance; in the morning we’d awaken to peace, quiet and the birds chirping. Our room was very clean and had ample closet/drawer space for all of us. It was an easy 2-minute bike ride into Sister Bay, our master bedroom had a nice whirlpool bath and the daily housekeeping service was efficient. So, we were all pretty positive about the place, with one exception. One reason we chose Pheasant Park was because of the outdoor pool. This turned out to be fortuitous because we experienced an unusually hot streak of weather for Door County. Each day we mixed in pool time along with our other Door activities until our final full day, when it was supposed to be 90 degrees and we planned our entire day around simply hanging at the pool (too hot to do much else!). As Murphy’s Law would have it, when we walked over to the pool that morning we discovered that it was still covered. I was told there was some sort of “maintenance issue” and that they hoped to have it open a bit later. That never happened, and so our plan for a relaxing day in/by the water had to be completely revised. OK, stuff happens: I get that and you certainly can’t blame management when something technical or mechanical unexpectedly goes kaput. However, what really bothered me was that when we checked out the next morning (by which time the pool had been repaired…just in time for us to leave!) I brought up the fact that the pool being out of order the previous day was really bad timing for us and forced us to completely shuffle our plans for that day, the response of the woman working the desk was a very matter-of-fact “I apologize for that.” Period. Now, I work in the business world, where customer service is often what differentiates one enterprise from another. We’ve all heard that “I apologize for that” standard line from big outfits like AT&T or Time Warner when you call up with a complaint…it’s how they pretend they’re interested in your problem whereas in reality it’s just something they can throw out there quickly so that they can move on to something more profitable than your pesky little problem. If I were the owner of the Pheasant Inn, here’s how I would have wanted my front-line person to handle this: “Oh, I am soooo sorry about that. I realize that it was horribly inconvenient for you and your party on a 90-degree day not to have the pool available, especially since that’s one of our prime amenities. Of course, it was a problem we could not have foreseen and we repaired it as quickly as we could, but even so: this was your vacation and you had every right to expect everything to go smoothly. I know this was your first time visiting us here at Pheasant Park, and we want you to come back often, so even though I know this doesn’t completely make up for yesterday’s inconvenience, I’m going to knock a hundred bucks off your bill and promise you that we’ll do everything we can to make sure your next stay at Pheasant Park has no glitches whatsoever.” Now THAT would have impressed me. Instead, I got the standard “oh yeah that’s too bad” half-assed apology blow-off that I have come to expect from companies far larger than the Pheasant Inn. Would I stay there again? Sure…it’s actually a pretty darn good place. Too bad they missed the chance to have me award them that 5th star.

5 Thank Paul H
Brian S, General Manager at Pheasant Park, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Paul H,

I am very sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused your party and the response by the staff here at Pheasant Park. If you wish, please call me at 1-800-392-3921 to discuss this issue. I would like Pheasant Park to set the standard for customer service in Door County but it appears we missed the mark on this instance. I look forward to future opportunities to serve you better!

Brian S
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We've stayed many times at Pheasant Park in Sister Bay. The location really can't be beat. It's a short walk away from the shops and restaurants of Sister Bay, yet it's tucked away and quiet.

The rooms are condo style, with a full kitchen, including everything you need for simple meals. The master bedroom has a nice whirlpool tub. The rooms are clean, the beds, bedding, and towels are satisfactory. There is a porch on every unit with a table and chairs. The living area has a couch and chairs, as well as a decent TV and a gas fireplace.

Pheasant Park has an indoor and an outdoor pool. There is an indoor whirlpool as well. We really enjoy the outdoor pool area. There is quite a bit of pool deck furniture, and a few tables and chairs outside of the pool area near a gas grill.

The prices are lower than most places, which is one of the reasons we continue to return. You have to put 1/2 down when you make the reservation, but we've found that this is standard in Door County.

It's not the Four Seasons, but it's a nice place with comfortable rooms at a good price.

2 Thank bauercat
Thank you! we can't wait to welcome you back!
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

The resort is a stone's throw from Sister Bay, and is walking distance from many restaurants. The beds are incredibly comfortable, the kitchen well-equipped, all with decks or patios. It's ideal for group travel. We switched rooms part way through our trip, moving from a three-bedroom condo to a two bed. The three bed has a very spacious living and dining area. The two bed is a little more cosy but more than adequate to relax after a long day of sight-seeing.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fiona C
Whitelaw, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife's large family gets together every March for a weekend. In years past we have always gone close to the family cabin in Beecher, WI. This year we decided to try Door County. After a lot of leg work by my sister, we chose Pheasant Park. A hour or two drive from our homes and lots to do in Door County. This place is awesome, from frienly staff to excellent fully equipted suites, with lots to do, and close to restaurants and shopping. We were not disappointed and plan on returning here next year!

Room Tip: All 8 rooms our group used were great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
#9 of 17 in Sister Bay
Homestead Suites
Homestead Suites
#2 of 10 in Fish Creek

Been to Pheasant Park? Share your experiences!