“Needs remodeling and cleaning!”
Review of Pheasant Park

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sister Bay
Pheasant Park
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Sister Bay
“Needs remodeling and cleaning!”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The location is great, the room configuration is great, the pools are great, but they haven't replaced the upholstry or cleaned their rooms seriously in years.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Reflection2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Midwest
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Our room was very nice and comfortable. I reduced the overall rating because I had critical work on my computer to do while I was there, and the wireless in the room was was inadequate and not dependable. As a result, I wasted hours of my time trying to finish what I needed to do. I was particularly irritated because I called ahead to make sure I would have a working wireless connection in my room. The strength of the wireless connection was so low (one bar), that I couldn't even check email. If I was able to get a signal at all, it constantly cut out. The hotel rebooted the router near my room once, and I had two bars strength for about 4 hours and then it went out again. There is a hotel business room for guests with one computer that I also used, but I always had a long wait because other guests were using it. This really spoiled my entire trip because we were only there for a few days and I had to devote way too much time to trying to find a working computer connection.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank 11mom
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed April 13, 2011

This is the place to stay in the winter months in Wisconsin. Great suites. hugh indoor pool, hot tub, steam room and workout center. We loved the small town on the water.
Bob

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We have stayed at Pheasant Park every year for at least ten years. We come back time and time again because it is a wonderful place for families with children or two couples to stay. It is a two-story condominium building, with two bedroom and three bedroom units (they may also have one bedroom units but we have never stayed in one). It is set up as one great room, except for the bedrooms. Full, although small, kitchen with eating areas at the counter and table. Decent sized living room and patio or balcony. Two full bathrooms, one with jacuzzi-type tub. Units have TVs in each bedroom and a TV and a DVD player in the living room. Indoor and outdoor pools and small play area for children. Pheasant Park is about three blocks above the lovely town of Sister Bay, a short walk or drive. You cannot see the water from any of the units but it is nice and quiet for sleeping and there are no close neighbors. Good restaurants nearby, especially Sister Bay Bowl which is actually a small bowling alley, bar, and supper club. Great perch!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank luannkays
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We stayed with some friends of ours at Pheasant Park last May for the Door County half-marathon and enjoyed a two-night stay in a three-bedroom suite. The room was clean and the facility generally nice overall, but our biggest beef wasn't with last year's stay but with our planned return trip for this year's race.

The same group of folks we went with last year was generally planning to go again this year, but due to all of the uncertainty in our busy lives, attendance was a little up in the air. When my wife called a few weeks ago to reserve a room, she discussed the need to potentially cancel or change our reservation with the staff member who took the reservation and was assured that if we had to cancel or change the reservation that we would get a full refund on the deposit we put down over the phone. With that, we made our reservation for this year's race.

Lo and behold, when we received our confirmation letter from the resort, they noted that any changes or cancellation would indeed cause a $25 fee to be charged. When my wife called to cancel our reservation due to falling attendance within our group for the race, the resort was steadfast that we would be charged the fee and that because we were told in the confirmation letter of this fee that it was perfectly okay. When we brought it to their attention that changing the terms of our agreement with them after the fact was a lousy way to do business, the staff member called their manager, who refused to waive the fee. Our next call was to our credit card company to challenge the pending fee assessment, and the CC company basically agreed with us that it wasn't okay for them to change the terms of an agreement after it was made.

The bottom line on Pheasant Park is that it's a nice enough place to stay, but be very careful when doing business with them!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank Schmengi9
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 22, 2010

We stay at Pheasant Park every year when we visit Door County. We have tried other resorts, but have the best luck w/ this one. The rooms are great for families w/ young children. Having multiple bedrooms allows the adults to get the kids to sleep in their own room, then have some adult time. My kids always enjoy the pools, play structure, and barbecue areas. The only quibble I have is that the last couple of times I have been there, there is one particular girl at the front desk who can be rather unfriendly. This is highly unusual for this place since I have always had wonderful customer service there. Perhaps they need to re-evaluate this particular employee. Other than that, all the special requests we have as far as where our room is located, etc. have always been met. The wallpaper could be updated in the hallways, though! Overall, though, a winner for those with children who want something a bit more affordable than a place right on the water. Oh, and in the winter, they always have a stay 3 nights, only pay for 2 special, and the local ice rink is right across the street! (and the x-mas decorations in the lobby during the season are very nice!)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank midwestmomof3
Brookfield, WI
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Stayed two nights in a three-bedroom unit (#319). The unit and the resort were clean and well maintained. We were very pleased with the accomodations and will stay here again.

There was a large great room in the 3-bedroom unit and the beds were comfortable. The unit had all the necessary equipment but could use some updating--televisions are very "old school". It was also a little annoying to be charged extra if you have more than four adults in a room, even though it is made to hold six (that cost them the fifth star).

The view was nice but unremarkable.

We go to Door County two weekends each year and usually stay at the Scandinavian Lodge. This resort is very similar. The location is better, but the pool facilities are not quite as nice. Either resort is a good option.

The best breakfast in Door County by far is the White Gull Inn. Dinner at Sister Bay Bowl is still great. Al Johnson is also great, but a pain in the summer. You also will want to buy a pie at Bea's north of Gills Rock. Skip all fish boils. It always sounds good and always tastes bad. Skip Washington Island also. Do rent a kayak in Pen. Park (great bike trails too).

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
#1 of 8 in Ephraim
The Inn at Little Sister Hill
The Inn at Little Sister Hill
#12 of 17 in Sister Bay

Been to Pheasant Park? Share your experiences!