I have been to Sister Bay & Door County many times in my life. I'm a 34 year old professional who loves the area. I took a friend up for a weekend getaway to relax. The hotel is very small. The outisde very pretty and charming. The pool area and views of the lake were great. Now the rooms??? That's a different story! My friend and I walked in and laughed out loud. This place is neither romantic, nor elegant as they advertise. Beyond small. In fact, when we opened the door, it almost hit the bed. Its smelled like a nursing home (and the majority of the guests staying there would solidify our beliefs by the end of the weekend.) We bought candles to burn to get that smell away. The walls were white. No art. the bathroom was white and no art. Everything is old. Carpet, drapes (that didn't keep the room dark) light fixtures, TV was awful, small and had a think 12 chanels. They charged us $130 a night! I've been in no-tell motels next to airports for $100 less and the rooms were better. If you're rich, 80 and dont want to spend any time in your room, you'll be fine. Otherwise, just keep your hotel search going.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a quiet, relaxing getaway at this adult only (children 13 years and older), waterfront resort. Close to everything, yet away from it all. 46 rooms and suites, most with private water view balconies overlooking the rolling bluff, bay, fountains and gardens. Accommodations available with in-room whirlpools and gas fireplaces. Complimentary bikes, kayaks, tennis and a European style continental breakfast buffet (May-Oct). Amenities include heated outdoor pool, outdoor whirlpool, fire table, fishing dock and shoreline nature trail. Reservations for designated dog friendly rooms must be made by calling the resort directly. No online reservations that include a dog. See our website for our complete Dog Policy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Country House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country House Hotel Sister Bay
- Country Hotel Sister Bay
- Country House Resort Sister Bay, Door County, WI