My wife and I stayed at the Country House for 3 nights in May 2009. Overall our experience was not bad, but not good either. The biggest problem was the smell. It was very musty combined with that old motel soapy smell. We had to take our clothes to the dry cleaner to get the smell out. We kept leaving the patio door open to let it air out but the maids kept closing the door. Unless you are a sound sleeper bring ear plugs. This is an older establishment and you can hear you neighbor plus the walkway to get to the rooms is made from lumber so you can hear shoes on boards.
The grounds are nice and you can see water from almost any room. There is a lot of growth between the edge of the property and the waterline so the view is about 30% obstructed. The breakfast was fine, actually they had more selection than we had anticipated; the cherries were very good. The staff was friendly and helpful.
The other complaint / suggestion is that at an adults only (meaning over age 13) hotel the hot tub should stay open later than 10 PM. One thing we enjoy is a late dinner, some social time, then to sit in the hot tub for a little while before bed. Country House is ADMANT about closing the area too. We met another couple that had stayed at Country House a couple of times and we had a laugh about the fervor at which they tell you to get out when they are ready to leave.
Bottom line is that we would not stay here again. The smell, the noise, and the confusion between being adults only and shutting things down early were more negatives than the nice grounds and nice staff.
Adults Only (over 13)
A little pricey
Hot tub MUST be shut down at 10 pm
Internet worked only in the lobby
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a quiet, relaxing getaway at this adult only (children 13 years and older), waterfront resort. Close to everything, yet away from it all. 46 rooms and suites, most with private water view balconies overlooking the rolling bluff, bay, fountains and gardens. Accommodations available with in-room whirlpools and gas fireplaces. Complimentary bikes, kayaks, tennis and a European style continental breakfast buffet (May-Oct). Amenities include heated outdoor pool, outdoor whirlpool, fire table, fishing dock and shoreline nature trail. Reservations for designated dog friendly rooms must be made by calling the resort directly. No online reservations that include a dog. See our website for our complete Dog Policy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Country House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country House Hotel Sister Bay
- Country Hotel Sister Bay
- Country House Resort Sister Bay, Door County, WI