We loved all the amenities ~ row boat, tennis, hot tub & pool (outside only), bikes, etc. If the weather is good, it could be a fun time.
As far as the rooms: for the price of $118 a night it was not worth it. When checking in we were offered an upgrade to $168 room and decided not to spend the $50 extra. We do not recommend staying in the $118 room. It was outdated, small and stuffy. As far as the other rooms, we didn't see them.
The lake is at least 1 city block long down a steep hill. So for the physically out of shape it is a challenge.
We also loved the friendly and helpful staff. When we requested a refund in order to leave a day early they did give it to us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a quiet, relaxing getaway at this adult only (children 13 years and older), waterfront resort. Close to everything, yet away from it all. 46 rooms and suites, most with private water view balconies overlooking the rolling bluff, bay, fountains and gardens. Accommodations available with in-room whirlpools and gas fireplaces. Complimentary bikes, kayaks, tennis and a European style continental breakfast buffet (May-Oct). Amenities include heated outdoor pool, outdoor whirlpool, fire table, fishing dock and shoreline nature trail. Reservations for designated dog friendly rooms must be made by calling the resort directly. No online reservations that include a dog. See our website for our complete Dog Policy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Country House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country House Hotel Sister Bay
- Country Hotel Sister Bay
- Country House Resort Sister Bay, Door County, WI