I recently spent a weekend at Country House Resort. Honestly, I selected this location for a girls weekend primarily because it was one of the few places with rooms available that weekend that did not have a required a night stay. Having stayed there, I don't know why rooms were still available. What a lovely surprise we had when we arrived. The grounds of the Country House Resort are well maintained and create a sense of serenity. It is tucked out of the way, but that adds to the sense of calm you get while staying there. The staff are very helpful and pleasant. We were greeted by a gentleman who offered suggestions for activities and eateries during our stay. When the fuse blew in our room, the front desk corrected the issue within minutes and then called to check to make sure everything was back to normal.
The room had all of the features you'd expect: frig, coffee maker, hair dryer, AC, and more. The back porch opened up to a well manicured open space complete with a fountain and flowers. Your night stay includes continental breakfast served in the lobby area, but you can take your breakfast right out side that area and enjoy breakfast in the fresh morning air. The property includes a trail (kind of steep) that leads right down to Sister Bay. Once at the bottom of the trail, there is a sturdy dock with benches to sit and watch the sunset. There is also a path the connects to that path that skirts along the Bay and leads right into Sister Bay with only a short walk. We were surprised how close it was. This trail is great for an early morning walk!
If it's not clear already, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Country Inn Resort. Although it was more expensive than some of our other choices, it was well worth it. I'll be back on my next stay in Door County.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a quiet, relaxing getaway at this adult only (children 13 years and older), waterfront resort. Close to everything, yet away from it all. 46 rooms and suites, most with private water view balconies overlooking the rolling bluff, bay, fountains and gardens. Accommodations available with in-room whirlpools and gas fireplaces. Complimentary bikes, kayaks, tennis and a European style continental breakfast buffet (May-Oct). Amenities include heated outdoor pool, outdoor whirlpool, fire table, fishing dock and shoreline nature trail. Reservations for designated dog friendly rooms must be made by calling the resort directly. No online reservations that include a dog. See our website for our complete Dog Policy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Country House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country House Hotel Sister Bay
- Country Hotel Sister Bay
- Country House Resort Sister Bay, Door County, WI