My husband and I recently stayed here---we have been married 2 years and are expecting our first child, so this mini vacation served dual purposes of a anniversary trip/babymoon :) We were very satisfied with the resort as a whole and would come back anytime possible! Working with kids on a daily basis, we appreciated the adults only atmosphere and found it immensely relaxing and peaceful. Being dog lovers, we also loved that this resort is dog friendly, and spoke about bringing our shih-apoo Rascal next time! The grounds were beautifully landscaped with flowers, fountains, swings and gazebos and I spent many a morning, enjoying my coffee and a book under a shady spot. The pool/hottub/ patio area was wonderful. Plenty of comfy recliners to relax on, as well as umbrellas for those who wished to stay out of the sun. The pool was clean and refreshing and the hottub was a great size. It was fantastic to have breakfast included in our rate as well. A fantastic array of offerings, and 4 mornings I managed to have something different each time. The staff was very friendly and helpful in answering any questions that we had about the area or things to do. I really appreciated the menus in the lobby--that made choosing a destination for dinner MUCH easier! Rooms were always cleaned in a timely manner and the grounds crew could always be seen early in the morning, cleaning the ponds, pool and hottub maticulously. He even offered to blow the leaves off the tennis court for us when we expressed interest! Overall, we really enjoyed our vacation time at the Country House. The location was perfect for bumming around the peninsula aimlessly each day and provided a very comfortable, affordable "home base" to return to each night. While the base room we reserved was very "hotel basic" it fit our needs perfectly and was the right price for a young couple. Thank you for keeping it in your family all these years, the history of this place makes it even more special! We hope to be back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a quiet, relaxing getaway at this adult only (children 13 years and older), waterfront resort. Close to everything, yet away from it all. 46 rooms and suites, most with private water view balconies overlooking the rolling bluff, bay, fountains and gardens. Accommodations available with in-room whirlpools and gas fireplaces. Complimentary bikes, kayaks, tennis and a European style continental breakfast buffet (May-Oct). Amenities include heated outdoor pool, outdoor whirlpool, fire table, fishing dock and shoreline nature trail. Reservations for designated dog friendly rooms must be made by calling the resort directly. No online reservations that include a dog. See our website for our complete Dog Policy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Country House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country House Hotel Sister Bay
- Country Hotel Sister Bay
- Country House Resort Sister Bay, Door County, WI