“Delicious and authentic Door County”

Door County Creamery
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Sister Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A Farmstead Creamery making our own cheese from our herd of dairy goats and local farm milk. This milk and cheese are used to create fresh baked sandwiches and handmade gelato. Also available are hand picked value wines and craft beers.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Gurnee, Illinois, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Delicious and authentic Door County”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We stopped by here twice. Once on a Friday and then Saturday in late May (off season)
Each time we were greeted by friendly and informative staff. They were generous with allowing us to sample the goat gelato, which was delicious and creamy. And the other ingredients were clearly good quality, like the chocolate in the mint chocolate chip.

Goat products all came from their goats. They also have cow milk products for those who are not into goat products ( like my husband. Who did enjoy the gelato)

Friday we had a chocolate croissant fresh from the oven. And it was warm and heavenly.

Saturday we ordered sandwiches to go for a boat tour and they were phenomenal

I would have loved to do a wine and cheese pairing but I'm pregnant. So next time.

Also they had live goats outside on Saturday which my 2 year old loved. None on Friday though.

I would go back and encourage others to go as well.

Visited May 2014

Ellison Bay, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Love love lunch at Door County Creamery!”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The best goat cheese, great lunch, nice sitting outside for lunch visiting with my daughter in law. I can't wait for opening day!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jus4kx
North Prairie, Wisconsin
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Goat cheese heaven!!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Loved this place! The owner Jesse made us a most fantastic cheese plate that we enjoyed with a bottle of wine -mmmmmm. The owner Rachael makes lovely goat milk soaps, which were in the cutest little packages. The nice lady working even went to the trouble of making more packages for me to buy for gifts. All their food looked and sounded fantastic. I sampled some of the gelato which was outstanding! Highly recommend!!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank letsgogirl22
MN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Really good food!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Dropped by for a quick lunch bite on a local's recommendation. Sandwich and soup were incredible...some of the best food in Door Co. Very informal atmosphere so don't expect over the top customer service. Cool atmosphere and worth a visit.

1 Thank Sparkcus
Chicago, Illinois
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Wickedly overpriced gelato and coffee”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The gelato was tasty... but very expensive. There were about 12-14 types to choose from. I think we paid about $3 or $3.50 for a single scoop, which was not overly generous in size. I would have liked coffee, but the waitress told me that there would be a lengthy wait. The atmosphere was nice, although there was not enough seating during the time we were there. Not a "do-again".

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Timoteyo
KiteNomad, Owner at Door County Creamery, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for your feed back. I would invite you to come and join our days on the farm and creamery...rising at the crack of dawn, doing chores, milking goats, hauling milk, pasteurizing milk, making cheese, making goat milk gelato, making soap, working other jobs all to make sure customers like you are satisfied and happy with our labor of love....and we do all this for a "wickedly overpriced $3.50".