“Can't wait to go back!”
Review of Cupcake Heaven - CLOSED

Cupcake Heaven
Good for: Families with children
Description: We are a specialty cupcake bakery. We bake daily from scratch! We offer cupcake flavors that change daily (Like us on Facebook to see what we have each day!) as well as soda, water, coffee, cherry juice and milk. We also have a small retail section within our shop that includes, dried cherries and other cherry products, Door County Coffee products, handmade cornbags, handmade greeting cards and misc necessities you may have forgotten at home (Avon sunscreen, bug spray, hand sanitizer, lotion, etc).Stop in and let us make your day a little sweeter!
Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We took a family trip to try this amazing new cupcake shop, as we don't have anything like this in our town. We tried a couple different flavors, and it was AMAZING. My personal favorite is the strawberry champaign. The employees were super friendly, and willing to help out any way they could. I love the decor also, very cute shop. We can't wait for the next road trip to go get some more :)

• Visited June 2013
CupcakeHeavenLLC, Owner at Cupcake Heaven, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to our shop! We hope to have you visit again soon!

Door County, WI
“Deee-lish!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Been here several times and have tried several different kinds. All are amazing. Baked to perfection! Perfectly moist with just the right amount of frosting! French toast, lemon poppy seed and Door County chocolate cherry are just a few of my favorites. Love that there are other local goodies, store merchandise, and some bug spray and chapt stick sold there also! So convient! Worth going! Will be back for sure!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank KLA365
CupcakeHeavenLLC, Owner at Cupcake Heaven, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy the flavors and what the shop offers!
Ellison Bay, Wisconsin, United States
“Yummy cupcakes!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff and a nice addition to Sister Bay WI. Love the snowball white chocolate cupcakes. The cupcakes are deffinitely small for the price but still a fun treat for my family. How about adding specialty cakes and healthy option muffins? Jist a thought. Worth a visit for sure!

• Visited June 2013
Thank you for visiting our shop! We have been discussing adding muffins to the menu. I'm hoping to have some flavors this summer still! As far as cakes go, we may look at that as an expansion option for next year. Right now, it's a matter of not having the space for cake making/decorating, etc. But, it's not an idea we've crossed off of the list. Please keep the ideas coming! We want to make this a place that our customers love coming back to day after day!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Cupcakes I've Ever Had.”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I love this place! Friendly employees, great cupcakes. Interesting and tasty flavors. I like how they gave names to some of them, should name more;-)

1 Thank crookedhatshawn
CupcakeHeavenLLC, Owner at Cupcake Heaven, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed them!
Sturgeon Bay, WI
“Pricey cupcakes w/ box mix taste”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was very excited to venture up north in Door County to try this new cupcake shop. Let me tell you that I would have been better off buying a box mix and a can of frosting and making my own cupcakes at home! When you first walk into the shop, all three employees are standing around waiting to pounce on the first customer that walks in. There are a few tables in the shop and the walls are bare save for some shelving with a few products on them. You walk up to the simple display case and there are only seven kinds of cupcakes available for purchase. I can deal with ordinary flavors but at $2.50 to $3.50 a pop, I expected to be blown out of the water by the flavor of these cakes. Birthday cake confetti, triple chocolate, and red velvet seemed like nothing more than box mixed cupcakes. I will give kudos on the Drunken Bailey's/Guinness cupcake but then again, with these there is no mention that these cupcakes actually contain alcohol. Also, I notice from following this shop on Facebook that they have 1/2 price, day old cupcakes. When I see that there are many of the same flavors days in a row, how can I be sure that the "fresh" cupcakes in the display case aren't actually day old cupcakes? I would very much like to see this business succeed because I think that Door County needs a good, cute little cupcake shop. My advice would be to improve the flavors/creativity of your cupcakes. You can't count on making it by hoping tourists will spend this much on mediocre cakes.

• Visited June 2013
Thank you for stopping at the shop. And, thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm sorry you didn't feel our cupcakes or shop were up to par. We are always looking for ways to improve as we are brand new and hope to be around for a long time.

We do bake daily and we do make our cakes and frostings from scratch. As far as the 1/2 price cupcakes from the previous day, we have 2 flavors that we have everyday...Triple Chocolate (our top seller with repeat customers) and Snowball. We still bake them each day and if there are some left from the previous day, they go into the packs for 1/2 price with the other flavors. (For example, today you'll see Snowball both in the fresh case and in the packs of yesterday's cupcakes.) Each day I have either Red Velvet or Pink Velvet. Again, I still bake them daily. We are always working on new flavor creations (we currently have about 40) and are always open to suggestions from our customers.

Our unfilled cupcakes are $2.50 each and our filled or drunken are $3 each. I do try to explain the drunken cupcakes to customers as they are looking at the flavor selections, however describing each cupcake isn't something I always get to do. I can possibly add "contains alcohol" to the flavor label instead of the current "drunken".

Again, I thank you for your feedback and if you have anything you'd like to share further, please do not hesitate to call or email. Thank you!