“Real, local food”

Grasse's Grill
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Great burgers, sandwiches, salads, dinners, Wisconsin made ice cream, desserts, and great beer and wine selection. Our focus is on homemade, fresh foods utilizing Wisconsin products. Lots of vegetarian options! Jimmy and Jessica Grasse
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

We happened upon Grasse's on superhero day to find all the servers dressed as their favorite superhero. Needless to say, that thrilled the kids in our group! The food thrilled the adults. Many of the dishes were made with local ingredients and everyone in our party of 11 loved what they ordered.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We ate outside on the sidewalk with another couple, as the wait for an inside table was too long. My hubby and I ordered the brisket, that came with potatoes and asparagus. It was very good, but had to eat fast as it was cooling off outside. Bread roll and butter came to the table also with our meals. Our friends had a full rack of ribs that looked so yummy, and fish, they both had clean plates. No alcohol drinks, but I did try the hard cider and others had the wine. All good, but a tad bit pricey for the cider. We'd go back, maybe try the lunch menu and get there early.

1  Thank Dawn H
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I have been coming to Sister Bay for 3 years and my husband many more than that. We just tried Grasse's this summer and don't know why we didn't sooner! It is a gem we didn't realize existed. The food is fresh and there is a great variety. My husband had the brisket sandwich and I had the black bean quesadilla and we were both very satisfied. Have a nice dinner and then walk to the sunset. What could be more enjoyable? We can't wait to visit again on our next trip to Sister Bay.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

With "Grill" in the name, I was ready for "fried". I couldn't have been more wrong. Homemade pita bread with delicious salads. Great gluten-free options. Fresh ingredients, locally sourced. Servers and owners with roots and ties to the community - what a great find!

Our party of four enjoyed a great real cheese quesadilla from the kids menu with a local cherry soda, Door County Cherry Chicken Salad with fresh spinach and the aforementioned whole wheat pita bread, a delicious Cherry Chicken Wrap, and I had the really fabulous Apple Orchard Sandwich: grilled whole wheatberry bread with Cherry White Cheddar Cheese, apple, walnuts, and spinach. YUM. With beverages, including wine, we spent under $65 including a 20% tip.

Service was friendly, prompt, and kind. I'd happily eat here again, as there are lots of other things on the menu I'd like to try (I hear the brisket tacos are delicious).

Reviewed August 3, 2014

This was our first visit and we came because of their emphasis on serving Door County products. We were not disappointed! The interior is comfortable and inviting, and the staff is friendly and helpful. There is a nice selection of appetizers, sandwiches, salads, burgers and entrees. We came for dinner and had the special: parmesan whitefish with pesto, served with wild rice (actually a blend of white and wild) and fresh asparagus. The portions were generous and the fish and asparagus were cooked well. The rice was so-so. We would also recommend the Eagle Trail Trio appetizer. Dinners come with salad or soup, and our salads were fresh with a variety of greens. This is a nice place for families and people looking for good food at a reasonable price. We will be back.