“Good food, packed tables” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of CHOP

CHOP
Reserve with OpenTable
CHOP is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: With an emphasis on classic American Steakhouse cuisine, Chop is Door County's First Choice for great steak and seafood. Located in the Garden level of the Country Walk Shops, Chop is a great place to eat, combining an intriguing atmosphere with excellent, high-quality food and service.
Minneapolis, MN
“Good food, packed tables”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We wanted a quiet little place to celebrate a birthday. We had been here before when it first opened and knew it was popular, so we made a reservation ahead. We ended up with a very poor table. It was right next to the door and people would walk in and literally stare down at your table. There were two couples who came in when we did (also with a reservation, they told us), who were made to wait quite a while to sit outside. They chose to stand at the tiny bar (which also served as the hostess stand) which was on the other side of the doorway. We couldn't hold a discussion. I think the restaurant should put an outside hostess stand away from that door to divert some of the traffic. Thankfully after half hour of unhappiness, the crowd cleared out a bit. I will say the food was great and so was the service. Too bad it was tempered by the ill-considered placement of the table.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Madison, WI
“Perfect Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I had our anniversary dinner at Chop and they didn't disappoint. The service from the woman who greeted us at the front door (and was kind enough to come outside with us after dinner and take our picture) to the server at dinner was amazing. They were very friendly and helpful. My wife ordered the steak and lobster and I had the rib eye and both of us left full and happy. We'll definitely be back.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank WITravler
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Awesome dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I can see why all of the great reviews. My steak melted in my mouth. There was no waiting as there was plenty of wait staff. I highly recommend. The only draw back is it is a little noisy due to the small setting.

1 Thank Sally I
Iowa City, Iowa
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent our 22nd anniversary in Door County and had heard about Chop on the local radio station. We thought we ought to give it a try and were very impressed! The setting is small but comfortable. The food is excellent! The hostess (funky glasses...sorry forgot your name) is awesome, even giving out hugs as we left. Make the time to stop in and have dinner. Make reservations and enjoy!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jeff K
IL
“Worth a double header!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

On vacation in Door County for just a few days. Had dinner at Chop two nights in a row this past weekend...yes, definitely worth it! Originally chose Chop based on the positive Trip Advisor reviews and they were all spot on. We did have reservations and sat on the porch next to the window. There is a shade attached to porch posts to shield diners from the sun. It was a perfect location the first evening and we requested and got to sit in the same location the next evening. As long as the weather is good, I highly recommend the porch seating. The actual interior dining room is not very big, tables are close to one another and there's the open kitchen at the far end. It was quite noisy both nights with a room full of happy diners.

Now to the fabulous food. Scrumptious popovers with maple butter are delivered to the table. Our drink and food orders were taken within a very timely manner. First night my husband had the mushroom bisque and I had the Caesar salad..both very good. We each devoured the most incredible rib eye steaks. I like my steak very rare (mooing) and my husband likes his medium rare...both were done to perfection...and each served with a portion of delicious smashed potatoes. The second night we both had the Caesar salad and again ordered the rib eyes...again done to perfection. No room for dessert but they sure looked yummy.

The staff was wonderful. Looking around, they all seemed to be giving service with a smile. Our servers both nights, as well as our incredibly delicious meals and the ambiance of being seated on a delightful porch, all add up to an outstanding recommendation for Chop. Don't miss this hidden gem tucked away in the back of the Country Walk Shops in Sister Bay.

Visited June 2014