“Good Food Great Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of CHOP

CHOP
Reserve with OpenTable
CHOP is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: With an emphasis on classic American Steakhouse cuisine, Chop is Door County's First Choice for great steak and seafood. Located in the Garden level of the Country Walk Shops, Chop is a great place to eat, combining an intriguing atmosphere with excellent, high-quality food and service.
Campbellsport, Wisconsin
“Good Food Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Went to Chop for dinner with my husband for date night. I had the Chicken and my Husband had Steak. The food was VERY good but it was the service that will bring us back in the door. We were not sure what we wanted when we got there and the lovely young lady that waited on us was AWESOME! I wish I could remember her name but I do remember she had very pretty long, dark hair braided off to the side. Everything she recommended for us to try we tried and it was to die for. She was happy, Sweet and a joy to talk to and new her menu. She made our dining experience a night to remember. My husband and I love to try new places to eat when we are in Door County and over the years we have come across some not so pleasant servers and servers that didn't know about the menu, but this young lady handled what ever was thrown her way very well. We even hunted her down the next day at her day job, a nice farm market outside of Baileys Harbor. There is no denying that great service makes a difference.
and just remember not mater what restaurant you go to (((DON'T FORGET TO TIP))) even if you have a gift card TIP!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Madam_Mim2014

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Great dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Chop was very nice. I'd go back if in the mood for steak, the service was very kind and helpful and the food was great. I ordered the strip steak with onions and mushrooms added and tried both the blue cheese and house butter toppings, I had the mushroom bisque also (excellent). My husband had the steak special and then we shared appetizers, bacon wrapped scallops and also fried pot stickers. Both excellent. I personally enjoyed the soup and appetizers the best. The atmosphere could easily be upgraded a bit.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ashley K
Deerfield, Illinois
“A Lovely Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

After a great day enjoying the delights of Door County, my wife and I celebrated our anniversary with a wonderful dinner at Chop. They let me bring my own wine for a slight corkage fee and it went superbly with the food. We shared the pot sticker appetizer, I had the Ceaser Salad and my wife had the Chop Salad, and we both had steaks. I had the New York Strip Steak, and my wife enjoyed the Steak Oscar New York Strip which has asparagus and crab, Both had delicious smashed potatoes. What made the evening most enjoyable, besides the beautiful outside weather, was our server Tori, who was personable and knowledgeable. We talked extensively with her and she was spot on with her service. It was an extremely enjoyable meal and eveing and when back in Door County we will certainly return.

3 Thank barry0315
Granville, Ohio
“Great Steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were vacationing in Door County WI Memorial Day week and while going thru menus at our B&B we saw Chop and decided to go. At bit off the beaten path, but well worth the trip. The whole restaurant is intimate and they have outdoor seating with heaters. We chime to to "eat in". Good and knowledgeable service, and just great food. Our party of 4 are all meat eaters and most had steaks with crab on them. I had lamb chops. Everything was perfectly prepared, even our well-done meat eater said the steak was flavorful and tender. One bonus, popovers are served at the beginning of the meal with a maple butter. These were fantastic, and speaking from experience, not always easy to get to "pop" perfectly. If in or around a Door County, well worth the trip!

2 Thank Becky J
Evansville, Wisconsin
“Fantastic steakhouse in Door County”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had the pleasure of finishing our Door County vacation by eating at CHOP. It's a great little restaurant hidden behind a strip mall and the Piggly Wiggly in Sister Bay. Definitely use Open Table to make a reservation as the place fills up quickly, and for good reason. The New York Strip was one of the tastiest I have ever had. My wife had the Surf and Turf which was fabulous. Service was great. Our dessert was also top notch. Will definitely eat here again the next time we are in Door County.

1 Thank NathanT946