“Wonderful!”
Review of Chop

Chop
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Now serving breakfast Friday - Sunday 8 AM - 12 PM! With an emphasis on classic American Steakhouse cuisine, CHOP is Door County's First Choice for great steak and seafood. CHOP is a great place to eat, combining an intriguing atmosphere with excellent, high-quality food and service.
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We live in Ellison Bay and had dinner with my sister and brother-in-law from Madison. It was a great meal, steak and lobster with chop salad and popovers as starters. Would recommend CHOP!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We had their bacon wrapped scallops to share, a rack of lamb, a rib eye steak, and a bottle of nice wine for under $100. Dinners also include popovers and soup or salad. The chopped house salad was especially nice. Everything was perfectly prepared and delicious. This is a small cozy place with the owners working right on site. When we were there it was mostly locals that obviously frequent the place. Hugs all around. We would recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

From a perfectionist, this is a raving review! The place couldn't be better suited for Door County, seats 26 (by my quick count) in a small cozy atmosphere which added to its charm. This was our second vist in 4 months, and it equaled the first, which was outstanding. The first time I got the bonelss ribeye, which was as good a steak I've had while dining out, and I've been to some outstanding steakhouses. This recent visit I got the bone-in-ribeye because I get tempted by the reputation (heresay) that the bone adds flavor, which I've still not experieced this gossip as truth, and my experience is that it is always tougher with no more flavor. That said, it was still good, just fell a little short of my first experience. My wife had the filet both times, which was awesome(lucky me her appetite is smaller than mine, so I always get to have a little of what she orders!). The first visit she also got some potatoe soup which was the best she has ever had, but they didn't have it this visit. The service was superb on both visits. They have a nice wine selection, but also allow you to bring your own bottle in for a $20(I think) corking fee. The prices are reasonable when compared to a Morton's, Gibson's, Ruth Chris, etc., but not at the sacrifice of quality/service. If this place wasn't 4.5 hours away, we would go there weekly, outstanding restaurant!

2  Thank chrispS48OO
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We have a fave place for steaks & chops in Door County, but wanted to try something new and based on all the excellent reviews we made reservations at Chop. It is very small, maybe 12 tables and a four seat bar right at the door which makes it feel very cramped from the get go. We both got the surf & turf and the food was awesome, but the fact it was cramped & we felt rushed took away a bit from the experience.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

This was our 2nd visit to this small restaurant, once again the food was excellent. Both our steaks, mine the ribeye, my wife's the NY strip, came out perfect as ordered. I had the soup, a mushroom bisque, my wife the salad. This is a very small, cozy place, the bar has 4 stools of which 2 were taken up by a couple dining. We had to wait, along with another couple that came in shortly after us for a table to open, makes it a little crowded, but this did not distract from the quality of the food once we were seated. The service was very good.

1  Thank lotsofun2013