“"Outstanding"”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of CHOP

CHOP
Reserve with OpenTable
CHOP is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: With an emphasis on classic American Steakhouse cuisine, Chop is Door County's First Choice for great steak and seafood. CHOP is a great place to eat, combining an intriguing atmosphere with excellent, high-quality food and service.
Wisconsin
“"Outstanding"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

My wife and I visit Door County 1-2 times per year and when dining search for a restaurant with excellent culinary reviews. After reading other reviews for Chop, I felt it was the best pick and made a reservation for Saturday, December 7. We had an excellent meal which started with delicious popovers(I have not attempted making these, but my wife has and she rating these as being very good). We both ordered the broccoli bisque which was just the right consistency and temperature and a portion which was not overwhelming and filling. My wife ordered a new york strip which was prepared to perfection and I ordered the pork shank. The pork was tender and was topped with an apple compote which brought out the flavors. After we completed our dinner I questioned Leslie our server as to why they do not offer lamb chops and was told this may be a seasonal choice or offered as a special. Within ten minutes after this discussion she brought me a lamb chop sample grilled to perfection with pickled onions. I was impressed with such a gesture and would return in the future. I also enjoyed the company of the owner who greeted us upon arrival, seated us, and stopped at the table to ask us about our meals which created a welcoming and inviting atmosphere.

David and Julie from Sheboygan, WI.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank djtravelwi

Chicago, Illinois
“Intimate and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Chop was highly recommended to us and what a gem! While it is was a little cramped seating inside (we went in Nov), the service was excellent, the atmosphere was intimate and cozy, and the food was delicious. We definitely enjoyed our dinner and will be back next time we're in Sister Bay!

Oak Creek, Wisconsin
“Great dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had heard about Chop from friends and clients and we finally got to experience it. From the wine, to the House Chop Salad, to our entrees ( Halibut for me--Duck for my husband) and the Banana Foster Cheesecake for dessert --it was all delicious! Also, the Popovers were a nice surprise! The staff was so down to earth and friendly. A type a restaurant you would find in a much bigger city without the bid city prices. Highly recommended ! Don't forget to make reservations!

1 Thank Judy K
Wauwatosa
“A winter surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Chop is remaining open for the winter (until March, we were told) which makes staying in Sister Bay even better!! We had halibut and walleye, respectively, with wild rice, the house salad, and bananas foster cheesecake. Another outstanding meal with great service. They have also added a deck out front that provides quite a bit of space for next summer's outdoor dining. Looking forward to that!!

3 Thank Paul_and_DebbieWI
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“So good you'll feel like you just had sex!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband had steak and I had the salmon. I normally am cautious about ordering fish dinner out but it was absolutely WONDERFUL! Fresh, homemade, and very gourmet flavors. Great food and service, beautiful presentation. The entire meal we were saying "Mmm!" (no joke, this was throughout the ENTIRE meal) We also got dessert & coffee afterwards just to top it off. This place really nails it on the head. Everything was amazing. Afterwards we were sitting at our table staring at each other so satisfied. A+ We'll definitely be back to this restaurant for our next visit to Door County!!!!

• Visited October 2013