“Great Food and Service”

Ranked #13 of 37 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: Great casual place to eat and socialize with others. The food is great-best chips/salsa and margaritas in Door County. House shot: The Bernie. Ring the bell! Sugar Shack Tiki Bar on the water located behind JJ's for sunset!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I spent a week in Door county and we tried to eat someplace different each time. JJ's was so good we had it twice. The restaurant is fun to be in. It had great atmosphere and we loved the dummy in the corner:-) Our waitress, both times, was excellent. The food was some of the best Mexican we've ever had. It was presented nicely and tasted just as good as it looked. The portions were large and well prepared. My wife said she hated leaving Door County because she wouldn't be able to get JJ's until we come back.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Everything tastes exactly like the can it came out of. It's crowded, why I don't know. It's loud. And it's way over priced.

1  Thank Chickeyd
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Great place after a day at the beach or the boat (at least that's what we found.) Good service; lively atmosphere. Good food. I had a combo plate - it was probably the best cheese enchilada I've had...and I love Mexican food. If you like Mexican food and a casual atmosphere I'd recommend this place.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This would be an "ok" place to go with the guys after fishing or a late night poker game, BUT definitely not a family atmosphere. Took family (5 people) here around 6pm on a Saturday night and was seated right beside bar. Three tipsy women were laughing and cackling so loud it was obnoxious. The goof bartender seemed to be encouraging these morons. It was so noisy you couldn't hear each other at the same table. After the clowns left, our truck stop waitress took our order, which was delivered quickly and hot at least, but some of the worst "Mexican" food I've ever eaten. Meal was $20/person without booze. If you're going to get indigestion, I suggest going to McDonald's and saving yourself about $65. Worst meal of the week.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I got 3 taco's, he got Friday Fish Boil special, and our 2 year old got mac'n'cheese. $40 with tip later.. yea, this restaurant is ok to miss. Save your $ and time and cook in.

Some pro's though are: scenic view, easy to find parking on a Friday night, outdoor bar, and a small sandbox while we waited for our table. This restaurant is for tweens and older. Not so much tots.