“Easy to miss on 42. Try not to”

Door County Ice Cream Factory & Sandwich Shoppe
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Sister Bay
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: The Door County Ice Cream Factory and Sandwich Shoppe makes its own super-premium ice cream on site. Patrons can watch ice cream being made during production hours. Over seventy varieties of ice cream and sorbet are made with 29 available on any given day. We also have a full line of sundaes, shakes, malts, and draft root beer floats. Enjoy your ice cream in one of our freshly made waffle cones or enjoy a sundae with our house made hot fudge. If you are hungry for a meal, we offer a full line of sub sandwiches as well as soups, salads, and homemade pizza. Enjoy your ice cream or food in our building which was constructed in 1912. Adorning the walls are vintage photographs of Sister Bay and the surrounding areas. We have an outdoor play area for kids and plenty of seating both inside and out.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Real ice cream made on premise. a wide variety of sandwiches and pizza. The chili is tasty and not overly spicy, but enough of a kick to satisfy all but the hardest core chili fans. The sandwiches are generous and service is quick, even when they are busy. For a lighter appetite, the half sandwich and soup option works well. I stumbled on this place a few years ago as it is across the street from Tannebaum christemeas and holiday shop and I make a point to have lunch there every year when we are on vacation in Door County

Reviewed July 25, 2014

The ice cream there is the best I have had anywhere. There is a huge variety of ice creams. What was interesting for me is there were roughly 20 of us converging on the shoppe around 9 p.m. and I was thinking - how on earth are they going to serve us all before closing. Well they did it very well. Also, there are several places to sit and eat the ice cream.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We were on a recent 9 day camping vacation in Peninsula State Park. My husband and I came here for ice cream four times (the one in Ephraim is always too busy) - anyway, we like this place better. They make their own ice cream, the don't just buy a brand I can get at the grocery store and sell it. The last three times I had the Door County Cherry and it was absolutely delicious. My husband had Pralines and Cream the last three times and enjoyed his just as much. Sometime we'd like to have lunch here, but since we have our dog with us, we have to make her wait in the truck as brief a time as possible. I wish there were room for a little more outside seating for those of us who travel with our pets, but I guess there wouldn't be any place to make room.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

During our one week stay in Door County our reunion group of 19 all managed to visit the ice cream factory many times. I think everyone tried several different flavors and thought each one was great. The young staff were always very polite and friendly. The factory is located on a major road and very easy to find. The prices were very reasonable also.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We returned several times to the factory for the excellent ice cream. They have a lot of ice cream choices , but not sorbets. And the price is high. We didn't like to eat outside because nobody cares about flowers there ,all were dying.