“Still the same old Lodge”

The Lodge at Crooked Lake
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Siren
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed at the lodge this past week for a memorial service. It's been about 8 years since I last stayed here and I can honestly say nothing has changed. The lodge is very nice but its a bit dated. It has nice decor, but the curtains in the room were full of moth holes, and the fake laminate wood on the bathroom door was peeling off. This isn't a big deal and can be over looked but I was very disappointed in the prepackaged continental breakfast. The breakfast was a carb over load with pre-packed low quality waffles, muffins, bread and english muffins. Coffee with powdered creamer and apples were also served. My in-laws stayed at the Best Western Lodge down the road and said there stay and breakfast was much better. I guess for the price I paid, I felt disappointed. The front desk did help us out as I did have the need for a lighter and bottle opener.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Sadly this is my 3rd and final stay at this hotel. I like the hotel, it's very clean and reasonably priced.. Sadly as a single parent who likes to travel with a 6 year old daughter I do not find it in any way amusing watching or hearing groups of unsupervised children use the hotel hallways as a playground until 11 pm at night. This hotel has no soundproofing at all and from the hours of 9pm to 10.30 pm my daughter was to ridged with fear to even sleep.. It's like a war zone at night. Calls to the front desk do nothing to curb the constant mayhem. If extreme noise doesn't bother you then this is a nice location and property.. Don't plan on sleeping a wink until after midnight if you do stay. I won't be back!!

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Appin_Alba
Steve R, General Manager at The Lodge at Crooked Lake, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

I am sorry to hear that your recent visit was not up to standard. During your stay we did have multiple youth groups with us. We assign all of these groups a complimentary meeting room so that they have a central spot to all gather. We do this to hopefully minimize the noise in hallways, rooms etc...

I did discuss this with the front desk staff and they assured me they did talk with all parties involved and let them know noise levels needed to be reduced and lack of supervision will not be tolerated.

Once again, I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as you expected. I know you said you would not be back, but hope that you would reconsider in the future. Please contact me personally if you have anything further you would like to discuss.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We recently had our wedding reception at The Lodge. The entire experience with The Lodge was fantastic! From the reception planning to the lodging, everything far exceeded our expectations.

The hard-working staff made things so easy on us during the stressful wedding planning process. Steve and Amanda are beyond great to work with!t

My parents stayed at The Lodge the week before the wedding, and were greeted with open arms. They felt so welcomed!

Not only did we have a great experience with our wedding reception, but the hotel in general is wonderful. The rooms are clean, and the decor is so cozy. Many of our guests commented on how impressed they were with The Lodge.

We cannot say enough good things about The Lodge! We would not hesitate to recommend them for lodging and/or special events.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kmarie399
mylodge143, General Manager at The Lodge at Crooked Lake, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Very happy to hear that you enjoyed your entire experience at The Lodge at Crooked Lake. It sounds like we were able to take some of the worries away on your busy day and we pride ourselves on hosting wonderful wedding receptions! It was a pleasure working with you as well. Congratulations once again and all the best in the future!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We have stayed at The Lodge for about 4 to 5 yrs now and have never had any complaints. We have had bonfires in the "back yard" and have always ate at The Adventures. The rooms with the 2 Queens and a pull out sofa are huge for 5 people. The Room with the 2 queens and the extra room is huge as well. There is an elevator for the one review that said that there is no elevator. I don't understand the complaints. The breakfast is "deluxe" continental breakfast offering waffles and bagels, etc. Great for kids and adults that do not expect the big deluxe meal if you want that go to The Adventures. We have always hit up the Mini-Golf course as well. A lot of fun with in walking distance. Our kids love it. There is a small room for the adults to gather and plan the next days events as well with out having to reserve a meeting area and play a quick game of cards. The staff is great and the gift shop has some great shirts/sweatshirts. We will definitely be back.
Thanks!

Room Tip: The rooms with the 2 Queens and a pull out sofa are huge for 5 people. The Room with the 2 queens an...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank honey3g

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay again at The Lodge at Crooked Lake in Siren WI. It is great to hear from a repeat guest that everything met expectations! We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We made The Lodge at Crooked Lake out stop for our annual fall motorcycle ride. Aside from the great amenities, the cozy rooms and the authentic feel of the hotel; the staff was amazing and went over and above to make our stay memorable.

Our weekend was a very busy one for The Lodge with a large wedding party. Each member of the staff found a way to make our group of bikers feel comfortable and very much welcomed.

We all would like to thank the hotel for everything and we all highly recommend this location for your next getaway. We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
mylodge143, General Manager at The Lodge at Crooked Lake, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Great to hear that you and your group enjoyed your stay at The Lodge at Crooked Lake. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on our property and employees that strive to create a first class guest experience.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed here in August while in the area for business. From the lamp shades with bear/pine tree/moose cutouts, to the timber chairs, table, luggage rack, and headboards, to the knotty pine furniture, the smallest details were not overlooked. This charming and woodsman like lodge is warm and inviting. The decor is rustic and makes you feel like you are miles away from the world on a peaceful lake, yet my room was equipped with the latest TV and plenty of electrical outlets easily accessible for computer and devices. Wireless was very reliable. There are lots of great communal areas to gather with friends or family and just relax. Each room has it's own name after a northern woods animal and is titled a "cabin". This is not your typical hotel with a couple of trinkets scattered about claiming to be a "lodge" this is a real northern lodge, complete with gift shop, restaurant and general store/shops within walking distance. I had the good fortune of meeting one of the contractors who helped build the lodge. He stated it is "all wood". Truly made of wood from top to bottom. The rooms are spacious, impeccably clean and very quite and very functional. The staff was very helpful. I arrived very late and was greeted by a friendly clerk and checked in quickly. Due to business conference calls and web meetings, I requested a very late checkout and the staff/management was extremely accommodating. My room faced the lodge property. I had a beautiful view of the surrounding greenery, wooden lounge chairs and a swing. The room was an incredible value as well. A five star experience at a three star price.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the lodge property (back yard).
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
mylodge143, General Manager at The Lodge at Crooked Lake, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Lodge at Crooked Lake while you were in Siren WI. We are always striving to make our guest(s) experience enjoyable and relaxing. I hope you also enjoyed our new 40" flat screens equipped with the DirecTV DRE system, which gives each guest over 100 HD channels.

I hope the next time you are in Siren, The Lodge can once again be your home away from home for the night!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The Lodge at Crooked Lake has a great deal of Northwoods charm, a very nice pool, and comfortable common spaces. The workout room has a 4 station machine, a treadmill (though the area around the Lodge is very pretty, so you'll want to run outside), and a stair machine. I found the beds to be comfortable and the room quiet. The only negative about the room is that you could tell that it used to be a smoking room (or someone had recently smoked in it - not bad, but enough to let you know it was there). The rooms do need some updating, but overall, everything was very comfortable. I also got Starbucks coffee in the room, so that was nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Siren
Best Western Northwoods Lodge
Best Western Spooner Riverplace
Heartwood Conference Center & Retreat
Luck Country Inn
Luck Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Luck
Lilac Village Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Lodge at Crooked Lake? Share your experiences!