“Nice feel, friendly clerk”

Best Western Northwoods Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Siren
Mankato, Minnesota
“Nice feel, friendly clerk”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Has a woodsy, lodge sort of feel. Nothing out of the ordinary. WiFi was iffy...worked in some spots in the room but not others. Continental breakfast was ok.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Paint-by-number

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Amery, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

If you're ever in Siren, Wisconsin, I highly recommend this hotel. I've stayed here many times and will continue to return. Friendly staff, nice swimming pool with hot tub, great location (Check out Rumors Bar and Grill or Adventures restaurant while your'e there- right across the street. They have a french chef!), clean rooms, comfortable beds. Great price too!

Room Tip: They give you a discount if you're a AAA member
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Anthony G
lmhobbie, Owner at Best Western Northwoods Lodge, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear Anthony,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Best Western Northwoods Lodge!

We value feedback from our guests, and we use each and every comment as a tool to recognize areas that our guests enjoy and/or areas that could use improvement. I am so happy to hear that your travel needs are always met at our motel, and I can promise you that we will continue to strive to provide a positive experience.

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Northwoods Lodge! We appreciate your business, and we look forward to serving you again, in the future.
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Yes, the room with two queen beds was very spacious and clean, as were the pool and hot tub. We stayed the night of March 31 for a weekend visit to nearby Crex Meadows and Interstate Park. We chose this hotel because we finally had enough Best Western points for a free night, which of course made the stay that much better! The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the lady who checked us in late afternoon on the 31st. Initially our points didn't show up properly on the computer, but she worked to straighten it out right away and came to our room to assure us all was OK. It was a bit noisy when the family reunion folks down the hall returned from their dinner late at night, but that's a minor issue that would not deter us from staying again---even if we have to pay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Best Western Northwoods Lodge with other Trip Advisor users! I appreciate your comments, and I will be sure to pass them along to all of my staff. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our motel, and I look forward to having another opportunity to serve you in the future. I appreciate your business and your loyalty to the Best Western brand! Thanks, again!
Winter, WI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

Overall my experience here was a positive one. If I would of had to get sleep and rush out in the morning it may not have been as pleasant. I came in late in the night/early morning, exhausted. I have a small dog and was allowed to have him in the motel. I was very thankful. The room was very cold and when I asked if it would heat up the clerk said yes. I had a hard time sleeping the first few hours because the heater could not heat the room as cold as it was. The heater ran constantly and by morning the room was warm. The carpet in the room was quite worn and my room ended up being $92 for a poor night sleep. Staff was excellent, the continental breakfast was very good, the lodge was attractive and I liked the coffee in the room. I think the room would be fine if it were warmed ahead of time. Disappointing that I was not offered any compensation; I did ask and was told the desk staff would ask the manager. Evidently they weren't too bothered that the room was cold, as I haven't heard anything, but was billed full amount. Don't mind paying when I get what I've come for.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
PinkScubaStar, Owner at Best Western Northwoods Lodge, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Best Western Northwoods Lodge.

I am the new owner and general manager of this motel, and I would like to take the opportunity to apologize that certain aspects of your last stay at the Northwoods Lodge were disappointing. I have reviewed your comments about the room temperature with our housekeeping staff, and they will make sure that our room units are adjusted accordingly to make sure the temperature is a comfortable one. I also wanted to let you know that, within the next month, we will be installing new carpet in all of our guest rooms.

I do hope that, if you are in Siren again, you will stay at the Best Western Northwoods Lodge. I can assure you that we will do everything we can to make your stay an enjoyable one.

Lisa Hobbie, CHA
Owner/General Manager (as of March 1, 2012)
Mpls, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

We have stayed at the Best Western Northwoods Lodge at various times in the past few years and we have consistantly had a very nice experience there. The decor is a log style with a warm "up North" decor. The hallways and lobby area is well kept and clean and there is no show of neglect. I feel that there is pride of ownership here.

During our visits, we have never run into any unfriendly staff and we have always felt that they want you to be completely satisfied. At all of our stays, Our room has always been very clean and well cared for.

If you are looking for a nice friendly night stay with a welcomed feeling, I would highly recommend the Best Western Northwoods Lodge. I do not think you will regret it.
We will be back again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BCMinn
Thank you for taking the time to review the Best Western Northwoods Lodge! I am so pleased to hear that your experiences at our motel are consistently positive! Thank you, again, for your comments!
Macomb, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

The Best Western Northwoods Lodge has proven, on several occasions, to be the perfect stop on our way to the Boundary Waters area of MInnesota. As a result of a devastating tornado about 10 years ago, most of downtown Siren has been rebuild in a Northwoods theme. This BW property is loaded with logs, camping decor, nature items and comfortable furniture. The rooms are spacious. The front desk personnel are always helpful. The exterior is pleasantly landscaped. The indoor pool area is clean, adequately lit, had plenty of seating, accented with a soaring, cathedral ceiling. The whirlpool is big enough for a family gathering!
We did not partake of the free continental breakfast; we were in the mood for a hot full breakfast.
We also had a senior rate of $66. Major happy dance for this aging traveler...

Check out their website for photos.

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet, large and clean
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank maiagaia
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

The staff was very helpful when I needed a night snack for my boys, they went out of their way to help. The rooms were done in log cabin motive and just gave a very cool look to feel like you were not at a typical hotel. It was VERY affordable not overpriced. We got our room with a discount for $64 a night. Very reasonable, thank you to this hotel for giving us a great place. The breakfast was a simple cereal or make your own waffle, or hard boiled eggs or bagels, overall good. The pool was indoors so no matter the weather my kids could still swim for a bit. I liked that it was big and wide with 3ft to 4ft 6 so it gave more space to swim in safety. Just a mom's thought. Yes we will stay here again if we come back to the area!! Yes the bed's were comfortable and made for a good night sleep!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mandm1998
Also consider these accommodations in or near Siren
The Lodge at Crooked Lake
#1 of 1 in Luck
Grantsburg Inn
Grantsburg Inn
#1 of 2 in Grantsburg

Been to Best Western Northwoods Lodge? Share your experiences!