“Very good”

AmeriVu Inn and Suites - Shell Lake
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shell Lake
“Very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel was a last minute trip to see family with my daughter. loved the pool rooms were spacious staff was very sweet accommodating and helpful would d3finally stay again very family friendly my room was very clean hot tub was nice n relaxing after a long day of running

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Brillion,
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

The staff was lazy and rude. Hotel is run by a young couple who have no concept of work ethic, and even less manners. No, correction. The young lady at least knew how to smile and was pleasant at check-in. Her odious and odiferous counterpart lacked even a shred of competence or decency. Breakfast was 30-40 min late each morning, cleaning supplies were left in our room, half-drank cups of coffee were left in our other room by the hotel staff, and our door would not lock. We could not even enjoy the hot tub as it was the temperature of three hour bath water.

On our first morning, and after waiting for 35 minutes to see someone at the desk, we asked if breakfast could be served on time. We were tongue-lashed by the defensive glazed-eyed male manager/owner who reeked of stale cigarette smoke and looked as if he had been high on crack.

When asked to speak to a manager, the scuzzy dude boldly claimed he WAS the manager and that he “answered to no one but himself”. At which point another unhappy guest chimed in that the hotel service was indeed proof of his statement.

I average 120 hotel nights a year and this place wins the prize for bad service and even worse attitude.

On a positive note, the entitlement children running the place will turn this into a complete dump in another year sparing future travelers even the false illusion of clean facilities and competent staff.

I contacted Americas Best corporate office and they have failed to respond. Seems the affiliated chain is just as lazy. Stay anywhere but here if you are in Shell Lake, WI and think twice about America's “Best” Inns.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
9 Thank Jeffrey P

Travelers are raving about these Shell Lake hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Me and my family stayed there in the last week of June and me and family loved the place especially the pool and the breakfast was amazing and the staff was more polite than i ever thought they could be so if u want to stay in a hotel then pick this one I guarantee that you will enjoy your stay

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank brandon101010
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stopped in at the hotel the week before we were going to stay, it looked nice in the lobby so we made our reservations in person. We told the girl at the counter that we had two dogs and she said they accepted pets, just be a $10 charge. I said that was fine and that I wanted one of the first floor rooms with it's own entrance since our one dog has hip problems and can't go up and down stairs easily. She said not a problem at all and took the reservation. When we arrived to check in the person working the counter was a kid about 12 years old, which I found strange. Then he said we were in 216, and I told him no, I was on the first floor. He then went to get who I assume was his mom, who proceeded to tell me that the only room available was on the 2nd floor, in the middle of the hotel, and there was nothing she could do about it. I told her we specifically booked a first floor room and told no problem. She said again, nothing I can do. I should have left then but it was late and 4th of July weekend and no where else to stay. There was no AC on in our room when we got there and it was about 95 degrees in the room. The pool had a sign that said don't use towels from your room, but there were none provided. The pool looked filthy and the hot tub was luke warm. We also found our dogs eating chocolate candy on the floor in the room which evidently hadn't been vacuumed. Then when I checked out she charged me $10 per dog, and when I told her that isn't what I was quoted she basically said, too bad. Worst "customer service" I think I have ever had. I'd sleep in the car before I stayed there again.

9 Thank Mark D
Pine City, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was the a nice hotel, with ridiculous customer service and managment!! We were double charged, and had to fight for money back....the guy literally shrugged everytime we complained! Our door did not latch and lock from inside, the air did not work for most of our stay....ZERO customer service!! My neice was verbally attacked in parking lot by someone who was not even a guest....Stay at your own risk....

7 Thank Brenda E
PINE CITY, MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Beds very hard, rooms clean. Breakfast was honey buns and ho ho's yes yuck no fruit no yogurt. Waffle batter empty by 7:30 and when refilled by Josh who works 19 hr shifts the waffles were thin and didnt cook right. We were charged 129.99 per night plus $10.00 per child per night over 2 children we have 5 kids. When booked they said 129/ night and we could use air mattress. Price changed on check in and after expecting to have a fairly good breakfast for paying over 155/ night i was upset to say the least. Then after fireworks we came back to the parking lot to a couple making out my little kids joked and the women got out of her car and was going to fight my 10 yo daughter and verbally assaulted my whole family. Really!!! Buyer beware of this place. Stay in spooner or Cumberland not this place. Good Luck

8 Thank LUCKYENGH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Breakfast was terrible no nutritional value at all. Staff didn't know how to run the hot tub or the credit card machine an they had 19 hour shifts. Beds were rock hard you have to pay $10 extra for you're kids. Hallways stink terribly. You're kids can't do anything without supervision by parents. They had Swiss rolls for breakfast and there waffles taste like card board. I would recommend the northwest lodge located behind the state troopers building. Never go to this hotel it's not good.

• Stayed July 2013
Best Western Northwoods Lodge
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
#3 of 8 in Rice Lake

Been to AmeriVu Inn and Suites - Shell Lake? Share your experiences!