“Great Stay - As Always”
Review of The Rochester Inn

The Rochester Inn
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stay at the Rochester Inn every year for a function at Road America. We enjoy our clean, large and comfortable room and the location that allows us to walk to some great little restaurants downtown. The innkeeper is always happy to see us each year and treats us as if we are old friends. Can't say enough good things about the scrumptous breakfast she brings to our room each morning either. Looking forward to our stay next year. She always knows when the event dates are for us and saves us our room. Can't beat that for SUPER service.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chilbride1

Reviewed July 6, 2011

My husband stayed here years ago, business related. Same pleasant innkeeper, same wonderful service for us as retired folks. Golf was arranged and was spectacular. Breakfasts were delicious. Sheboygan Falls also has a wonderful restaurant, recommended by Jackie, the Bread and Bean. I am looking forward to my next trip the Rochester Inn. Our room was delightful, Just loved the place and the service. If I could check a box beyond Excellent, I would.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JennyL1977
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I would be doing you a dis-service if I didn't tell you about my experience at the Rochester Inn Bed and Breakfast in Sheboygan Falls, WI. They charged my credit card without my consent and refused to reverse the charges after saying they would, then the owner insulted me when I asked about it!!!! I never even received an invoice for the additional charges!!!!!! I would never again return to the Rochester Inn under any circumstances and wish I'd never heard of it!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RochesterInnRipOff
rochesterinn, Owner at The Rochester Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

Of all of our guests in the last 22 years, I think this gentleman is my all time favorite.

This gentleman and his wife chose our place to celebrate their anniversary as many folks do. Upon booking the room, an email confirmation was sent as we do for all reservations for the room and taxes. A few days after receiving their confirmation, we received a phone call asking for extra services, mainly two in-room massages and dinner at a downtown restaurant. A second confirmation was sent as well to this gentleman via email.

While at our establishment, all services were received, including a full breakfast delivered to the room at their requested time, two in-room massages, and dinner at a local restaurant.

Upon check-out, a staff member presented the gentleman with his invoice reflecting the room plus all services received, (i.e.dinner, massages, room, and taxes.) His response was that "he knew the owner" and he was to receive a special price, then presented our staff with the first confirmation received reflecting the room and taxes only and stated this was what he was to pay. Our staff member thought he was being honest, and honored the "special price." Neither my husband or myself knew this gentleman or his wife.

Upon reconciling the weekend revenues, I noticed that he was charged the incorrect amount. I chose to call our guest, thanked him for staying with us, and informed him that I would be charging him the difference on his credit card. He stated that "he didn't know how much money was in that account," since it was a debit card, and that he would "go home and check" and call me the the next day. I found this very strange that he had to "go home" to check the balance of an account knowing full well he could log into his account to obtain that information or, at the least, call his bank. He then called us the next day stating he didn't have time to check his account and stated he would send us a check after he got back from vacation a week later. Once again, I found this strange and believed he had no intention of paying for his services.

In an effort to keep my response as short as possible, I chose to charge his card for the services received at our establishment and was accused of fraud for doing so. He was interested in me crediting his card and he would "send me a check." I was happy to accept a different card for his charges and credit his first card used after doing so, but the "fraud" accusation was mentioned once again.

In closing, this gentleman did not have any complaints about our establishment or services received. We completely fulfilled our commitment to him and his wife while he has chose not to do the same by paying for what he received.

Reviewed June 15, 2009

The town has little to recommend it, except the general store "Evans" which is a piece of commercial history. The Inn was clean, my host Amy gracious and accommodating. The room comfy and nicely furnished. Nice flatscreen TV with tons of channels. My discounted rate of $99 was reasonable. Good coffee.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank wilburthebud
Reviewed May 24, 2008

The Rochester Inn was just the place for me and my wife to spend our weekend away from the kids. Amy prepared an entire evening full of fun and enjoyment. From the Dinner at 52 Stafford to the in room breakfast and massage, not to mention the carriage ride through downtown Kohler. What an amazing place. The room were big and clean. The decor was very fitting for the historic old home we stayed. Amy was so willing to make our evening special. A completely great place to stay. We would stay at the Rochester inn again in a second!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2007

I stay at the Rochester Inn on business 6-8 times a year and I honestly love every minute of my stay there. I travel a fair bit for work and don't often look forward to hotel stays, but the Rochester Inn really feels like home. The four main rooms are 2-story rooms with comfortable beds, jacuzzi tubs and tvs on both levels. Also, there is a nice wetbar in the rooms. As a previous reviewer has written, it is the breakfast that really stands out for me as well. The innkeeper delivers your breakfast right to your room -- I certainly don't get that kind of pampering at home!! The breakfast contains freshly cut fruit and warmed cinnamon croissants, along with juice and your own pot of coffee. Again, I give the Rochester Inn my highest possible rating for their wonderful accommodations, outstanding breakfast and exceptional customer service!!! They really know how to take care of customers at the Rochester Inn -- try if for yourself, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank Crottsy
Reviewed February 13, 2007

I am a frequent business traveler and have spent many a night in hotels. On business in Sheboygan Falls, I was referred to The Rochester Inn by my client. What a wonderful change of pace for me! The rooms in this historic home are all 2-story suites with an oversized jacuzzi tub in each. In the evening, I'd spend time in my private living room, then head up the winding staircase to my bedroom. The bedroom had a queen-sized, 4-poster bed. It was extremely comfortable and quiet. Although there were other visitors in the bed & breakfast, I didn't hear a thing from the other rooms. It was so peaceful and homey. The absolute best part of my stay was the breakfast delivered to my room each morning by the innkeeper. Each morning there was a selection of fresh fruits and a freshly baked croissant or muffin and warm banana bread. One morning I had a home-made bagel. Needless to say, there was no carb counting that week, but it was so worth it! I highly recommend this b&b to anyone. It would be perfect for a weekend getaway, a romantic occasion, and even a honeymoon suite. More importantly, it was perfect for business travel. I cannot stress enough what an awesome change of pace this was for me. I only hope that I will have another opportunity to visit The Rochester Inn.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
5 mi away
Harbor Winds
Harbor Winds
#6 of 11 in Sheboygan
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)

Been to The Rochester Inn? Share your experiences!