“Never Again..”
Review of Catalunya

Cuisines: French, Portuguese, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Catalunya has a dining experience that offers unique flavors and wines from regions throughout Spain, France, and Portugal. We are proud to offer farm fresh ingredients by utilizing local farmers which assists in creating and inspiring each dish. We offer brunch on Sundays from 9:00-1:00pm We welcome all Private parties/banquets and catering to our customers as well.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Never Again..”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Ugh...thats all ill say 1st the place looks very very up scale and warming but thats all it has going for it. They have pried themselves out of the market and the food is well lets say junk at best

Visited November 2012
3 Thank dank_dmb
Hello,

I want to apologize for your experience at Catalunya. I would like to have you come back and give us another try.
Could you tell me a little bit more about the meal you had? We have done quite a few things since we opened to improve our menu, service and atmosphere.

Saint Nazianz, Wisconsin, United States
“Lousy place to go”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My wife and I were walking down the street when we smelled the food which smelled wonderful. We decided to go in and order a nice steak. When our orders arrived, we got 4 tiny pieces of bread, each smaller than a half dollar coin with olive oil to dip it in, no butter. Our main entrees each had 4 tiny potatoes, 2 sprigs of asparagus, and the steak. My wife ordered her steak medium-well and it came out burned on the edges and blood-red inside. I ordered mine well done. I cut into it and took a bite, charcoal. I tried a bite from a different area of the steak, also charcoal. I turned the steak over and found it to be completely burned to a crisp! We waited almost an hour for this and the place was less than 1/4 full. My wife is 52 and I am 57 and this is the first time we ever had to turn our food back and refuse to pay for it. It was the worst steak I ever had in my life, the chef obviously does not know how to cook steak or does not pay attention to what he (or she) is doing. And all of this for $21 a plate?!?! We would never consider going back to this place or recommend it to anyone. The food is not even worth eating if it was free!!!!!!

• Visited October 2012
8 Thank DRAGON_N_PIXIE
Hello,
First I would like to extend my apologies for your experience at Catalunya. I have recently joined Trip Advisor and was unaware there were even reviews.
We would like to have you back to give us another try. We have new staff since we opened and my chef has been cooking for over 25 years and would be disappointed to hear about your food experience.

Lincoln, Illinois
“I liked this place”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

A friend and his wife took me to supper at Catalunya. We had different selections and all agreed the food was very good. Generous servings and a fair price. Pre-dinner complimentary appetizers were also a special treat. We would return again.

• Visited November 2012
5 Thank Illinoisjim
Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am very new to Trip Advisor and have recently signed up.
I hope that you have been back since and have enjoyed the food each time. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks,
Chicago, Illinois
“Good food, atmosphere needs tweaking”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were looking forward to this visit. The atmosphere appears appealing. There is a large room you enter where there is a bar and a little seating area. The area is really wide and open, too much so. There could have been more tables or chairs to fill in the void, to make the place look cozy. Also, the room was really chilly. I wouldn't have stayed in it. We were then ushered to our table in the next room. Again, the atmosphere appeared delightful. The placement of furniture here was good, except for the table in front of a door that people weren't supposed to enter. Bottom line on the atmosphere in this room - very, very loud. The voices and laughter just bounced all around the room, making a dinner not relaxing. There weren't enough soft surfaces to absorb the sound. That said, the service was very solicitous and fast. We were also more than satisfied with the salads and main courses. There is an unusual twist to the ingredients to make dining fun. So, if you can overcome the atmosphere, go for it. To pace the dinner better, I would recommend ordering your drinks, wait, then order your appetizer, wait, and finally your main course.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank smarusz
Catalunya124, Owner at Catalunya, responded to this review, October 1, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We have brought in some over sized booths and some wall booths to absorb some of the noise.
We hope you can come in and give us another try, we would enjoy having you back and get some more input on the atmosphere.
Thanks,
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Unimpressed”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I read about Catalunya and decided to give it a try.
We sat at the bar while waiting for a table as we didn't have reservations. After 10 minutes, we still had not been approached by the bartender. A waitress came to pick up a drink order and told us that she had a table that just opened up and she could seat us. We ordered a drink while looking at the menu. The drink hadn't arrived before we were ready to order. I ordered the ribs and was told they were out of them. It was only 7pm! My wife ordered the Salmon and they also didn't have that. Still no drinks. We left. . . . .

Visited October 2012
4 Thank McGillicuddy_12
Hello,
I just signed up for Trip Advisor, so I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.
My apologies for your experience at Catalunya. I know that it has been a couple of years and we were very new and still learning how everything worked.
I would like to have you back if you are willing to give us another try, I would like to make your experience much better.